Q. I feel depressed and anxious in a new social situation. How to overcome this?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on Aug 16, 2018

I am a 22 years old girl. I feel nervous, anxious, and my heart rate increases whenever I am in a new social situation. I have a fear of being embarrassed and judged all the time even for the smallest day to day activities. I always feel as others treat me as low in their comparison. I tremble while giving a speech and my voice also falters. I felt nervous during my practicals all the time. It has been from childhood since the sixth standard. Although I am a dancer, participated exclusively throughout my life, been on stage, but certain situations make me very anxious and depressed. I feel unhappy throughout and have very low self-esteem. I am undergoing treatment for UTI. I have UTI for the past nine months. Please help.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Take tablet Paxidep CR 25 mg (Paroxetine) half tablet in the morning and one tablet at night. Do meditation daily. Before a stage performance or when you are going to meet a new person take tablet Betacap TR 20 mg (Propanolol) one tablet one hour before the meeting.

For more information consult a psychologist counsellor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychologist-counsellor

| 

How long do I need to continue this medication? Is there any alternative to the drugs? Any other dietary change or even specific exercise?

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

Start the medication. Consult me again after 15 days. According to the response, I will adjust the dosage of drugs. You have to continue the medication for at least six to eight months. Then I will gradually taper it off. Do meditation or yoga daily (deep breathing exercises).

| 

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

Please suggest yoga asanas that would improve blood flow to testicles.

Query: Hi doctor, Please suggest me the yoga names to improve blood flow to the testicles. I have weak erections, watery semen, and loss of libido. I am taking Pantogem DSR for indigestion and Stalopam plus for stress. My local doctor prescribed these medicines.  Read Full »

Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now