Q. I feel depressed and anxious in a new social situation. How to overcome this?

Answered by Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Depression or Meditation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 22 years old girl. I feel nervous, anxious, and my heart rate increases whenever I am in a new social situation. I have a fear of being embarrassed and judged all the time even for the smallest day to day activities. I always feel as others treat me as low in their comparison. I tremble while giving a speech and my voice also falters. I felt nervous during my practicals all the time. It has been from childhood since the sixth standard. Although I am a dancer, participated exclusively throughout my life, been on stage, but certain situations make me very anxious and depressed. I feel unhappy throughout and have very low self-esteem. I am undergoing treatment for UTI. I have UTI for the past nine months. Please help.