Q. I have work tension and has no interest in sex. How to deal with it?

Dr. Shubham Mehta

I am a 34 years old woman. I have been working in an IT industry for more than 10 years. Earlier I was very confident, proud of my work and job. But now it seems like I am developing negative confidence, building tensions every few seconds, will cry out of tension, will blame myself for why I am still doing IT job but later I cool down by thinking I like IT job and I need to work. My personal life has become hell due to this tension. I used to be proud but now I am afraid. I have recently joined a new job which has offered me a position above my expectations. I am very worried if I can keep up to this new position, I am always in tension. I love my kind of job but getting worried and tension every time thinking if I can meet my manager's expectation. If I can work going beyond my level and work. All my peers are enjoying their job and personal life. I have also messed up my sexual life with no interest in sex and I am not able to. Please help.

#

From your description, it appears to me that you are suffering from depression and you require treatment with antidepressants. Other than that, I would suggest some other things which might prove helpful to you:

1. Manage your time. Set up a fixed schedule and work according to that. Initially it might appear difficult but stick to it.

2. Set your goals for the day, that is, short-term goals. Once you start achieving the smaller daily goals, then you can increase your limits slowly.

3. Devote time to yourself. Go for morning walk, yoga, etc.

4. Take proper sleep and eat green vegetables. They increase body serotonin.

5. Share your emotions (happy or sad) with your beloved ones.

|