Q. What are the ways to come out of depression?

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

I am depressing a lot for the past one year because of my personal issues. I do not know why when I am depressed my heart started paining high. It pains a lot. So, I could not concentrate on my studies due to depression. My thoughts are going to it even though I try to control. I want to not be depressed but I do not know why it is happening, my heart is paining a lot whenever I am depressed.

I am facing these issues from childhood, so before when I am a teenager, whenever I was depressed, I started masturbating but I started getting addicted to masturbating. After that, I realized that it is a bad thing. So I stopped it. But now am depressing a lot as my love is failed, parents pressure on goals, so my depression is at peak. I was stressed a lot. I want to masturbate but I do not want to start it again as I was feeling shame and shy of doing it. So my depression was not cured, it hurts me a lot. I want to use pills but I do not know to whom I should tell my problem. I am feeling nice when I masturbate but it is wrong so please show the right way to solve my problem.

#

I can figure out that the whole problem is love here. Let me tell you in this way. See people have a wrong belief that love is only once. Love is always alive within us because we first love our mother, then father, then toys, then games, then school, then friends, then girls, then the job, then money, etc. The list keeps moving but it is our inner block which does not allow us to move further. We need to understand that when time do not stop nothing stops. If we stop people will go ahead of us. Today's world is full of competition and if we are delayed we are at loss. Forget about movies. Movies are just a story. But I see that movies spoil our life and make us helpless. When celebrities can do love, sex and betrayal then we are fine we should also be one of them. That is human nature.

Love is like a mobile. We buy one which is best, next year still the best come and it keeps following. Do we stick to depression? No, right? Then we need to move. everything updates even the android and iOS software for gadgets. Something like that our life we should take. Marriage is just a social show off. We do get married and have sex. Nothing else. Our life has been constantly changing. We finish studies, struggle for jobs, then salary, then buying house, then car, then marriage, then kids and much more. Nothing is easy. We should be hard rock internally. I should share my personal experience in the last 12 years. I was depressed once upon a time, I needed a psychiatrist for myself. But I understood that until I rise nothing can help me, no one can help me. I need to move I need to be strong and I need to be practical.

I Will advice you to not masturbate because if you do then you lose your energy of the body and please understand that we are all with one time growing till 18 to 20 years of age. Then we are not going to grow but going to get aged. We will get blood pressure, diabetes, pain, and aches and we will forget anything about love. We will only wait when life will end. Things happen this way only.

I will even request you to go for some old age home. Ask their experience with lives. You will really feel so relaxed that life is nothing but just to pass with time. I hope you will become positive and take the decision in life to accept challenges. Because if we accept challenges then we enjoy more and more. If there is no failure in life we will never know what success is. Let us keep the ego, attitude, and anger in us alive to achieve the best for us in life. Think over it.

| 

I am a teenager and I feel my parents hate me. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 14-year-old female. I always have this moment where I am complained and scolded. This always happens with my parents and I always feel bad and it always makes me think "Do they hate me? Am I not good enough for them? Am I a maid for them? " I also ...  Read Full »

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

How to cope with breakup after long term relationship?

Query: Hi doctor, One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Physiotherapist Now