Q. Why do I feel disturbed in my life?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

Before two years, I had cerebral anoxia related to cardiac arrest. After that, I forgot everything related to my profession. I am giving an exam and not being able to clear since two years. I am unable to concentrate and study. Though, I used to be a very good student. Most important is that I am not able to recall my past properly. I am married and often fighting with my wife. This disturbs my relationship with her. I am not at peace. Above all, I smoke 30 cigarettes a day. My current medication is Epsolin 300 mg. I just want to clear my exams and come back to my profession. Rest everything is fine with me. Please help.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern.

• What kind of anoxic spell was that? Please explain me in your follow up. Did your MRI or CT scan brain report mention something?
  • You have repetitive fights with your wife, have work related stress, poor enthusiasm at work, stressful life, lack of focus, etc. All these symptoms should not be ignored. This could be occurring due to mild to moderate depressive episode.
  • Due to depression you do not remain in your best mood, which further deteriorates fights with your wife and ultimately increase the stress. Please consider consulting a psychiatrist for help and evaluation.
  • Medicines like SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) such as Escitalopram or Fluoxetine can be used. The medicines will help to improve your depressed mood and will improve focus and concentration.
  • This medicine will help you in performing well in exams and your life should come back on track again.
  • Take diets that are rich in protein, complex carbohydrate and low in fat. Increase intake of supplements like Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin B12 in the diet. These supplements will help you reduce depression and will improve focus.

Revert back with detailed history to a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|