Common "Depression" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Depression is a mental illness which results in feeling sad, loss of interest in daily activities, irritability, mood swings, and sleepiness. It is a state of mind which develops over a period of time due to various reasons. A depressed person might have difficulty sleeping, loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, and might get suicidal thoughts.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why cannot I get someone out of my mind?

Query: Hello doctor, I love someone deeply, and I begged him to be friends, but as I had expressed my feelings so overly, so he escaped. I still wish to be friends with him I do not want to hope anything more than a friend. At first, he welcomingly agreed to be friends, but I cut my promise and talked abo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand what you are going through right now. If you will take my opinion, then it is in your best interest your that person does not remain a friend to you. Our mind plays weired things. When you are a friend with him, then your mind will start expecting someth...  Read Full »

I am depressed after my breakup. How to get rid of it?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a bad break up with someone who was formally my best friend, and she feels like now we cannot even go back to where we were before as good friends. But we still talked for a while after it, but now we have not been talking, and I have been feeling depressed and having c...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You are undergoing some adjustment problems. When we had a bad experience or event, then our body and mind take time to adjust to the new situation. It is common to have some emotional outburst and anxiety during this time. But if your friend does not want this relatio...  Read Full »

I am feeling worthless and losing control over things. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old woman. Since giving birth, I have been experiencing feelings of worthlessness, only frequent thoughts of death, fear of hatred over my baby and myself at times, loss of control and temper, and low self-confidence in my role as a mother and as a wife to my husband. Is it...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. In my opinion, you are probably undergoing postpartum depression, which may be postpartum blues, for which a detailed assessment is needed to confirm the diagnosis. After delivery, there is a tremendous change in the...  Read Full »

My wife gets unconscious when we argue. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife and I argue a few times, and every time we do, she goes into a depressed state. Her hands & legs get twisted, and she starts crying loudly if asked anything in between. She goes unconscious for a long time and then gets normal by morning. This occasionally happens when we a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. The state of unconsciousness is called a dissociative state. It is a kind of defense or a buffer system used by the mind to avoid unnecessary tension and stress, but it is not a healthy line of defense. As you alrea...  Read Full »

My elder sister is exhibiting sudden changes in her behavior. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, The query is about my elder sister. She does not seem to be herself. She has been the kind of person who would get angry at the drop of a hat. But, she is friendly and caring, compliments things a lot. I had been away from home for a week, and she had changed so much when I returned. S...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It is more likely that your sister is suffering from a sudden change in behavior, which could result from a psychiatric problem. As I can see, her whole life is disturbed now, and there are problems in her interpersonal relationships. So it should not be ignored. Ins...  Read Full »

I am suffering from secondary tuberculosis due to which I get negative thoughts. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from secondary tuberculosis, but I have started fearing death. I always get negative thoughts. I do not know what to do. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. Physical chronic illnesses do cause depression. Medicines of tuberculosis can cause depression. So, I suggest you try to keep yourself busy and do meditation, relaxation exercises, and yoga. Tuberculosis is a tre...  Read Full »

How to convince my parents for love marriage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I have a lot of opinion diversity among my parents. I am depressed that there are many problems around me because I am interested in a love marriage, but my parents are not. They are very orthodox about cultural issues. I am sleepless because of all these pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. In your culture, arranged marriage is normal. Parents feel very insecure when children express their wish to marry according to their will. Main reasons are other relatives and the social group's acceptance, their c...  Read Full »

I have been mentally ill since my mother died, and I stay with my father now. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mother passed away recently, and I live with my father now. My father and mother had a very tense relationship, and my father even used to hit her during the early days of their marriage. However, they did not file a divorce because they wanted their children, meaning my brother and me...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Regarding the change in your father's behavior. Yes, it often happens that people change. They realize their mistakes and feel guilt, but it becomes too late. For example, your father may feel deep remorse and guilt after your mother's death....  Read Full »

I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for the last 20 years. What medications should I ask my doctor to prescribe?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 52-year-old and I suffer from anxiety and depression. I have been on Paroxetine for over 20 years. About 8 years ago it stopped working and I tried other SSRIs and SNRIs but they did not work so I went back to Paxil and it eventually worked again, which I took for a while. I live...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Yes, the CR preparation will help better.. dose of Paroxetine can be increased to 37.5 mg in CR preparation are some newer drugs like Vortioxetine, which have lesser side effects and better potency. Apart from this, you can also start doing regular Pranayam and m...  Read Full »

How can I cope with depression caused by my relationship issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel so depressed from the past few weeks. I am in a relationship wherein, my fiance is not able to give me time. We are in the relationship for the past 5 years. I am so addicted to him that I do not have any other friends in my life and I feel he is my everything. Due to some reaso...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can see you are in a tough situation. Every relationship has many aspects which are mutual like mutual respect, mutual care, mutual love, mutual expectations. The problem arises when there is an imbalance in partners mutual love, care, expectations, etc. And it is mor...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.