Q. I suffer from dermatitis. Kindly advice.

Dr. Payal Chauhan
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Apr 08, 2019

I have acne, and my pharmacist said that it is dermatitis. I tried every homemade mask, but it does not work out. I have not tried any medication but have used some skincare products like face washes. And apart from that, I have a terrible uneven tone (tan) on my face, neck, and arms that I do not like. What should I do?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

1. It seems that you have acne vulgaris grade 3.

2. Please do not touch or squeeze them. If you are scratch them, it will lead to the mark.

3. I have suggested the medicines below. Please consult your doctor, discuss my suggestion and take medication with consent.

Acne.

1. Capsule Doxycycline 100 mg once a day.
2. Adapalene gel 0.1 apply at night in a tiny amount on pimples and do not rub it.
3. Use Benzoyl Peroxide face wash for 20 days.

Seborrheic Dermatitis - the Most Common Scalp Condition

Article Overview: This article discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis and management of seborrheic dermatitis in both infants and adults. Read Article

Seborrheic dermatitis is a papulosquamous disorder with an inflammatory component. It is characterized by well-defined erythema and accompanied by overlying greasy scales. Seborrheic dermatitis will be seen over areas rich in sebum namely scalp, eyebrows, center of the face, eyelids, around and in t...  Read Article

Airborne Contact Dermatitis (ABCD) Due to Congress Grass

Article Overview: Airborne contact dermatitis is a type of contact dermatitis, which is mainly caused by an allergic response to the plant Congress Grass. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

The causative plant for airborne contact dermatitis is Parthenium hysterophorus (Congress Grass). This plant was accidentally introduced all over the world through contaminated wheat shipments and now it has spread to the nook and corner of the world. Thus, the cases of Parthenium dermatitis have be...  Read Article

Adult Acne: A Common Problem

Article Overview: Adult acne is more common nowadays with changes in lifestyle and the use of various cosmetic products. The treatment of adult acne is a challenge for many dermatologists and is also frustrating for the patients. Understanding the cause of adult acne helps establish a better strategy for the prevention and treatment of adult acne. Read Article

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Acne is very common in the teenage group. But, when we have acne as an adult, it is very frustrating. The Acne treatment which worked in adolescent age can be useless or even worsen the condition. Many people wonder 'do adults get acne?'. Yes, adults can get acne. Some continue to get acne in their ...  Read Article