Desaturation

Why does my oxygen saturation level go down if I reduce the steroid dose?

Query: Hi doctor, Before 7 years, I was affected by chronic HP. From that time, I am in oxygen therapy and steroids 4 mg. My doctor told to taper them and stop so as per his advice I slowly tapered the dose of steroids and stopped it finally. When I stopped it, I cannot able to move or walk and also my sa...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis or HP is a type of interstitial lung disease. It is a chronic type of lung disease and treatment usually runs longer, especially with steroids and immunosuppressive drugs. As you said, you are taking steroids in tapering dose but still you ...  Read Full »