Q. Please advise me about the fasting method of detoxification.

Dr. Arul Amuthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 23, 2019

I am 24 years old. I am obese with weight 110 kg and taking BP medicines. I want to detoxify my body. I read somewhere a schedule for detoxification of the body. In this chart some days they want to remain on a liquid diet that is, only on water. Is that a safe way to detoxify? I have to take medicine regularly and so, I am concerned. Also, please tell me the way to lose weight.

#

• Naturopathy has the fasting procedure for detoxification based on body condition. If you wish to fast weekly once, then Thursday is the good day.
  • The whole day, you can drink only fruit juice, water, lemon juice or any herbal juices. All should be only liquid. Once you train your body for this, after two months, you can drink only water on every Thursday. It is the best way for self-practicing. If Thursday is not convenient, then you can fix any other day in a week, but it should be regular.
  • Another fasting type is daily fasting. In this, we can eat only two times solid unlimited food (breakfast and lunch). For dinner, only fruits unlimited. It can be practiced by you daily to reduce body weight. Strictly avoid non-vegetarian foods. You can eat fish as it will not put weight. Stop oily foods.
  • The regimen you had attached is very strict regimen (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is good if you can stay and take complete rest during the fasting regimen. If you need to work during the fasting days, then this is not the correct way for you.
  • For you, daily fasting (night is only fruits unlimited) combined with Thursday fasting (only liquid drinks) is the best. It is self-practicable. You can start this practice.
  • Once your body is adapted for fasting therapy, then only you should go to the strict regimen. Otherwise, your health will spoil. After six months, you can go such strict fasting (your attached) once in a year. Fasting is the best natural detoxifying process.
  • In ayurveda, Panchakarma is the same detoxifying process. The natural way of fasting is self-practicable. It will reduce your body weight, and it keeps the optimal body weight. Also, yoga should be combined for faster weight reduction.

For further information consult a naturopathy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/naturopathy-specialist

|