Develop Allergies

I developed hives on my tattoo. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, When I was younger, I was allergic to everything. Now, I have been suffering from the pollen allergy syndrome and fairly bad seasonal allergies. Three months ago, I got my first tattoo. It looks beautiful and healed wonderfully. After getting a tattoo, I noticed seven hives on my legs on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pollen allergy syndrome is a very common manifestation due to allergy to allergens like pollen, raw fruits, vegetables or some tree nuts. The immune system recognizes the pollen as foreign substance and directs an allergic response to it. The symptoms are usually itchy...  Read Full »

Can you take Tylenol with Amoxicillin?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. The allergic reaction can be due to Amoxicillin only, because Acetaminophen and Codeine will not cause any allergic reaction. I suggest you to stop Amoxicillin. You can use any of the Cephalosporin ins...  Read Full »

How to bring down the allergic reaction I had for cough medicine?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had an allergic reaction to cough medicine. Nowadays, every time I sweat and getting rash. The reaction happened about a week ago. I am just wondering how long this will last.  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Firstly, it is very rare to get an allergic reaction to cough medicine. Kindly tell me more details about the episode that happened a week ago. Was there a fever? What made you think of allergic reaction? Now, where is the rash...  Read Full »

I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I did blood test to see something wrong. Here are the results

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. I am experiencing dry cough for last 2 months. I visited local doctors two weeks back and they have suggested Deriphyllin R twice a day, Azithral A once a day and Allrite once a day for 5 days. But the cough returned after the course completed. I had slight press...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your blood levels show slightly higher eosinophil count. It indicates that you have a tendency to develop allergies. I have some questions for you please answer it for my better help. Do you live in or travel through dusty areas regularly? Do you have pets at home? Do yo...  Read Full »

What to do for tree needle allergy?

Query: Hi doctor, A chinese fir tree needle stuck in my arm. It caused a red bump or rash on my arm. The infected area has spread and has grown. It is itchy and burning. I am taking Epipen injection for my mushroom allergy. I had two Benadryl tablets and Hydrocortisone for the rashes. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details quoted. With the history of your being allergic to mushrooms there is every possibility for you to have an allergic response to other environmental allergens. Did you ever have contact dermatitis to any objects like a watch or any metal...  Read Full »