Developmental Dysplasia Of Hip

Please suggest treatment for developmental dysplasia of hip.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby girl has got developmental dysplasia of the hip. DDH was suspected at 3.5 months when there was slightly limited hip abduction and the ultrasound showed signs of physiologically immature hip, Graf type IIa on both sides. In right side, the alpha angle is 57 degrees a...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is DDH - developmental dysplasia of hip but of a mild variety, as suggested by the ultrasound, which suggests an immature hip. X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) features show that the hip is not dislocated, but since it is an immature hip...  Read Full »

My baby was born with twisted legs. Can it be treated through surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 21 months old baby, and she was born with twisted legs, which resulted from the cord around the neck issue during pregnancy. She was diagnosed with nerve atrophy in her legs. They said she might recover if the atrophy of her legs can be treated. She underwent motor nerve cond...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As I have not examined the child, I will not comment on the current issues. Left hip dysplasia and subluxation need constant observation, and I feel that as the dates on ...  Read Full »