Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide

What cough syrup can I give my five months pregnant wife?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 5 months pregnant. She is treated in one of the reputed hospitals. She has been advised to take Feronia -XT and Cal 360 tablets. Over last three to four days she is having cough in the night time and she is afraid to use any tablets or tonic. Kindly suggest which tablet or...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 5 months of pregnancy, there is little or almost nil harm if she takes proper medicine. Though, an examination is always mandatory. Amoxicillin 500 mg, available as Wymox 500 mg should be taken as thrice a day for five days. Syrup Deletus D (Dextromethorphan) could be...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for dry cough.

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is suffering from thyroid, high uric acid (6.8) and BP. Due to which she is not able to sleep and has cough from two weeks. She has been taking the medicines recommended to her. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Somani

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is your mother's age? How is her blood pressure now? Is it controlled or not? Is she diabetic? Just tell me all her medications so that I can advise accordingly. Revert back with the asked details to a general medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/...  Read Full »

Do my reports indicate the cause of my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 years old female. I am suffering from breathing problem, cough and dizziness since several months. I get tired very easily. I went to a doctor and she suggested for some tests like CBC, TSH, T3, T4, RBS, Vitamin D and B12 level, BUN, creatinine, SGOT, SGPT, etc. I got my test re...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking at your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have vitamin deficiency. Your blood sugar is normal, kidney and liver functions are normal. TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is increased a little, which denotes hypothyroidism for which I woul...  Read Full »

I experience bouts of dry cough every winter. How can I prevent that?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a dry cough problem. While breathing, there is a difficulty. At night, it gets worse and I start to sweat. I have this problem every year during the winter. I got a blood test done and the result was 8 % eosinophilia. Please suggest. I am taking Banocide forte.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the history you have provided, you seem to have a slightly higher eosinophil count in the blood. This is termed eosinophilia. It occurs as a result of a hypersensitivity reaction of the body towards a certain form of allergen in the atmosphere, and in your case,...  Read Full »

My 3 year old son has fever and cough for more than a week. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has a very bad cough with fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Since one week, the doctor here has given medication Levolin, Ibugesic and Cetzine along with antibiotics. But, there is no improvement. He still has a fever and a bad cough. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since it has been a week now, evaluation would be required for this child. The treatment going on is completely perfect. However, I would like to make some changes and additions. The fever medicine should be given round the clock for up to three days at least. Nebuliza...  Read Full »

My 3 month old baby vomits every time he has a bout of cough. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 3 months old. Three days ago, he had a fever with cold and cough. Due to the cough, he had severe vomiting. On the next day, we consulted his doctor, who prescribed Emeset, Crocin, Meftal spas, Ascoril D, Ecobion, and ORS. The same night he had a fever again. He felt bet...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Given his age, fever with cough and cold is probably a viral fever. Although the treatment you are undertaking is thorough, it needs a few changes for a better relief. Please answer the following questions, so that I can tell you more about the necessary treatments: H...  Read Full »

I have chest congestion, nose block and cough after a recent weather change. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chest congestion and nose block leading to the formation of a thick yellow mucus when I wake up in the morning. This started after a recent weather change in my city and I have this problem for a week now. I have not taken any medication yet. I do not have any other health is...  Read Full »

Dr. Murali R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following medications: Alex cough syrup (a combination of Dextromethorphan, Guaifenesin, and Chlorpheniramine) 10 ml, after food, morning and night till the cough subside and your chest congestion is relieved. Tablet Levocetirizine for cold, after food,...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicine for my laughing problem.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem with laughing. I laugh without any reason, and I cannot control the laugh. I laugh while speaking to others or on the phone without reason. It is a problem to me and my career. I cannot do a job with this laughing problem. I have seen on the internet that laughing w...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully read your question and would explain that your symptoms seem to be related to pseudobulbar affect. For this reason, I would first recommend performing a brain MRI to investigate the possible causes underlying your symptoms. An electromyography is also necessar...  Read Full »