Q. Kindly give some suggestion for twisted sacrum and dextroscoliosis.

Dr. Shakti Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

My left side back has been a problem for many years. My sacrum moves posterior with activity. Kindly give some suggestions for twisted sacrum and 12 degrees dextroscoliosis. What muscle groups need to be focused upon?

#

• Dextroscoliosis is the right side torsion of your spine. In your case, it is with the involvement of the sacrum.
  • In this case, the erector spinae muscle, latissimus dorsi, gluteus muscle, piriformis muscles, along with some amount of hamstring stretch need to be checked regularly.
  • You need to follow some basic exercises as follows. Discuss it with your physiotherapist and do it with his or her help.
  • Bridging exercises - Lie on your back with knee bent and feet flat on the floor. Now, slowly try to lift your pelvis so that the body comes into a tilted bridge position supported on the shoulders. Maintain the position for 30 seconds and come to rest. Repeat for 10 times thrice daily.
  • Roller use - If you can arrange a foam roller and keep it under the pelvic region. With your face upward towards the ceiling, slowly roll your pelvis on the roller up and down. You can feel the rolling in the sacrum region. Do it for 15 times, thrice daily.
  • Use soft cushions under the buttocks while sitting to avoid pain.
  • Pelvic rocking - Lie flat on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Now, lift your pelvis and rock it side to side from left to right and vice versa.
  • Posture maintenance is very important. Always sit straight with a pillow in the lumbar region. Do not slouch down the chair.
  • Can use hot pack after the exercises, for relaxation and pain reduction. Repeat the mentioned exercises and post me back after 15 days with any progression.

For further information consult a physiotherapist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/physiotherapist

|