Common "Diabetes Management" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Diabetes Management

Diabetes can be managed by making healthy food choices like restricting the intake of high carbohydrate foods, avoiding sugary beverages, and eating a balanced diet. Other methods that can help lower the blood sugar levels are regular physical activity, taking antidiabetic medicines on time, and by managing stress.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am a 21-year-old female with diabetes and experiencing frequent urination at night and thirst for the past 45 days. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 21-year-old female with a height of 5’5 feet and a weight of 123 lbs. I have diabetes for the last ten years. I am taking insulin daily, Mixtard 70/30, and Novorapid. My Hba1c is 8.5 %, and at midnight for the previous two weeks, I feel like urinating, and this problem is dispu...  Read Full »

Dr. Srivastava, Sumit

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have read the query, and I can understand your concern. HbA1c (glycated hemoglobin test) of 8 % shows unsatisfactory control of blood sugar. Your target should be at least 6.5 %. Excessive urination at night is due to raised blood sugar and is more noticeable at nig...  Read Full »

Please help me lower my blood sugar levels.

Query: Hello doctor, I have diabetes since the last 11 to 12 years, and I started taking medicines given by my family doctor. Presently, I am taking Glimisave M2 (one tablet in the morning and evening), Dynaglipt 20 (one tablet in the morning), and Absolut 3G (one in the evening). My health is fine, and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I just read your query about your high blood sugar levels and from the lab results (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it appears that you have uncontrolled diabetes and dyslipidemia, that is, high cholesterol. According to your HbA1C, it is recommended...  Read Full »

I have sudden weight loss with increased blood sugar level. What should I do if I am diabetic?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 39 years old. I have sudden weight loss. So I tested my sugar level one week back. It was 352 mg/dL after the meal, HbA1c value is 12 %, mean glucose level is 306 mg/dL. My doctor prescribed me tablet Gliptagreat (Vildagliptin and Metformin) 50 mg twice daily before meal. My grandmot...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern from the report attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Follow these steps. Do yoga and pranayam regularly along with medications. Go for walks regularly. Avoid white sugar. Consume fruits rich in vitamin, minerals ...  Read Full »

My 70-year-old father is a diabetic. Despite the treatment, his sugar levels are not coming down. Please suggest.

Query: Hello doctor,My father is 70 years old and has had diabetes type 2 for around 20 years, but I guess now he officially turned to diabetes type 1 because his body is not secreting insulin anymore.The Problem:Recently we have been unable to control his blood sugar, so his doctor suggested increasing hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. I will try my best to provide you with the best of the available treatment. I have seen his medications and the test reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) you have sent me. His sugars are r...  Read Full »

I am afraid of inheriting diabetes from my parents. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My parents are diabetics, and I fear that I might get it too. I am 28 years old and take utmost care to prevent it. Please suggest ways to prevent diabetes. What tests should I undergo for diabetes, and how frequently should I do them?  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. Diabetes is a familial disorder, but fortunately, it is preventable. Since both your parents have it, you must take all the precautions. I suggest you do walking, jogging, strength building exercise every day. One can do strength-buildi...  Read Full »

My prediabetes has not been cured despite treatment. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have suffered from prediabetes for the past three years but cannot cure it despite taking regular medicine. I am taking two tablets twice daily, an ayurvedic BGR (blood glucose regulator) tablet and, for maintaining cholesterol levels Telmisartan 20 mg. My blood pressure is 90/130 mm ...  Read Full »

Dr. Thiyagarajan. T

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern. You have metabolic syndrome. The treatment includes lifestyle changes, diet, exercise, and weight loss. What was your weight three years ago? Follow a very strict no sugar, carbohydrate-restricted diet. Exercise dai...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest to me how to reverse my diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am sharing my reports with you. I have incorporated diet and lifestyle modifications and have already reduced carbohydrate intake. I am taking more vegetables and selected fruits and some non-vegetables, especially on chicken and fish. Kindly advise me on my fasting insulin results. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Diabetes is reversible in many people, and many people also achieve even complete reversible results. If your fasting postprandial blood sugars are well controlled (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), I would suggest you to discuss with your doctor...  Read Full »

Can diabetes medication be stopped as HbA1c has reached 5.6?

Query: Hi doctor,This is with respect to the health condition of my wife. She was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes with HbA1c of 10 % three months back and was prescribed with Jalra (50/500), Invokana (100). We consulted a dietitian as well and went on exercise with full diet control. Took the HbA1c results ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Since there was a sudden fall in HbA1c level, your doctor might have been surprised by the change. He might want to follow up for a couple of weeks or a month to ascertain that everything is going well. That is probably why your wife is now...  Read Full »

Why do I suffer from numbness and itching in my hands?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression from past few years. I took various antidepressants. Now I am taking Vilazodone, one tablet in the morning and Lonazep 0.25 mg from last ten days. But I am having breathlessness and palpitations when I do any small physical activity and irrita...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am sorry to know that despite the best efforts you are not responding with current antidepressants and there are active symptoms. I suggest the following treatment given a diagnosis of diabetes with depression. Take Tablet Duloxetine (Duzela M) 30 mg in the morning...  Read Full »

My health problems include diabetes, varicose veins, and weight loss. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from diabetes, varicose veins, and weight loss problems. Please help me. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Srivastava, Sumit

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your complaint. First of all, do not assume you have diabetes. Confirm it by carrying out fasting blood glucose levels from a clinical laboratory. Now coming to your problem, Varicose veins are a condition where the valves or perforators of the leg ar...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.