Q. I am on medications for diabetes and BP. Kindly guide me on my drug dosages.

Dr. Gupta Ankush Dhaniram
and medically reviewed by Dr. Hemalatha

I am a diabetic person for the past ten years and also having BP. I took a blood test, and I am sending my test reports. I am taking the following medicines as prescribed by the doctor.

The medicines are:-

1) Tablet Glyciphage 500 mg 1--0--0.

2) Tablet Aquazide 25 - 1--0--0.

3) Tablet Rosys-FT 10 - 0--0--1.

4) Tablet Clopikind 75 mg - 0--0--1.

5) Tbalet Olmetime 20 mg 0--0--1.

Please advise me whether I can continue the above medicines or I have to change them.

#

Also, start Lantus insulin 8 units in the night after dinner along with the medicines mentioned above. Blood sugar is on the higher side, and you need to control your weight and take a strict diet.

Avoid oily, fried, and outside food. Do daily walk for 30 minutes.

Report with FBS (fasting blood sugar), PPBS (postprandial blood sugar) reports after a month.

Other than Insulin, what can I do to control my sugar levels? I am worried about starting Insulin DR.

#

If you do not want to start insulin, I suggest you change from Glyciphage 500 to Glyciphage-GP-1 in the morning. Your blood sugar needs to be below 7, but it is 7.6, so you need to change the medicine.

Along with that, a strict diet and daily exercise are also important. The rest of the medicines which are for hypertension and cholesterol need to be continued as prescribed.

You can revert if you have any queries.

|