Q. My HbA1c level was 7. 5 last month. Should I continue Gemer 1 tablet?

Dr. Talal Hussain
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

Last month, my HbA1C was 7.5. I was advised to take Gemer 1 tablet before breakfast for 30 days. My LDL cholesterol is 119 mg/dL, HDL is 40mg/dL and triglycerides 161 mg/dL. My age is 49. Should I continue Gemer 1 along with other medicines? Kindly suggest.

#

• The HbA1C level of above 7 is a confirmatory diagnosis of diabetes mellitus. So, now you are a diabetic and should receive full diabetic management ranging from diet modification, exercise and medication.
  • As far as tablet Gemer 1 mg (Glimepiride) is concerned, I suggest that it should be taken lifelong with another medication by the name of Metformin 250 mg twice daily after meals. By this way you will have a good control of diabetes and completely avoid complications of the disease.
  • Your LDL and HDL levels are in normal ranges (low-density lipoprotein and high-density lipoprotein), which is very good.
  • But, your triglyceride level is slightly increased, which just needs exercise and diet modification.
  • I would suggest using raw extra-virgin olive oil by just pouring it on ready meals like lentil or eggs right before serving.

C-peptide, renal function test, liver function test, serum electrolyte and complete blood picture.

Diabetes mellitus.

Hypoglycemic drugs with euglycemic drugs (to maintain normal blood sugar).

Diet and exercise.

Revert back for further information to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|