Q. Age 50years, 1. Fatty changes in Liver, 2. Bulky Uterus with Fibroid, 3. Blood sugar 201mg/dL

Dr. Kalai Selvan Barugur Nagarajan
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Dear Doctor,

My mother is 50 years old. According to the report, 

She has got: 

• Fatty changes in the liver.
  • Bulky uterus with fibroid.
  • Blood sugar 201.0mg/dL.

Kindly interpret the report.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. Diagnosis (according to available information):Fibroid Uterus, Type II Diabetes Mellitus. Further information required:

• History of menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding) and dysmennorrhea (painful periods).
  • Comorbid illness - hypertension, coronary artery disease, asthma or any other illness.
  • Past History - any surgery in the past.
  • Examination findings - per abdomen and per vaginal examination by gynaecologist.
  • USG Abdomen report - to know the size of the fibroid uterus and also the fatty changes in the liver.

With respect to the above diagnosis, the treatment plan is as follows,

• Preoperative evaluation - complete hemogram, renal function test, electrolyte levels, bleeding parameters, FBS, PPBS, Lipid profile, HbA1C levels, x-ray chest, ECG.
  • Obtain anesthetist and diabetologist clearance for surgery.
  • If willing for surgery, control sugar levels and undergo total laparoscopic hysterectomy.

Consult a general surgeon online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|