Q. How to convince my husband to get his blood sugar levels checked?

Answered by Dr. Suneetha B S and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Lipid Profile? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This is regarding my hubby who is 35 years of age. He does not like to workout at all. I suspect him to have diabetes for a while and the symptoms I have noticed for the past few weeks are just too coincidental for a normal person. Although, I am not able to get him to undergo a blood test, as he is not listening when I say so. Could you please help me relate if these symptoms point to diabetes or any other particular health risk?

• Bladder Issue (he gets up five to six times every night).
  • Abnormal facial and forehead sweating (even when it is not summer).
  • Gets hungry frequently.
  • In sleep, he gets a lot of jolts (like shocks) and gets up with them sometimes.
  • Lack of sleep and thus sleepy during the day and not much responsive to questions.
  • Hair loss.
  • Toenails are foggy and fungi-infected.

Any suggestion or recommendations will help.