Q. I am diabetic and taking medicines. Kindly give some instructions as to when and how to take it.

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

I am a diabetes, bp and thyroid patient. I have been continuing my treatment for the last one year. At present, I have been prescribed some medicines by a the diabetologist which are as follows:-

1- Ondero met 500 mg- Bd

2-Gliclazide HR

3-Thyroxin 150 mg -BBF

4- Cilnidipne 10 mg- BD

5- Selokem XL 25 mg- OD

6-Levetiracetam 500 mg-BD

7- Ecosprin AV 75/10-HS

8- Pantoprazole 40+30 mg -BBF

In view of the above, it is requested to advise me how to take above medicines and time also.

#

Thanks for the query.

I have seen the details given. I am sure with each drug prescription the doctor must have already given you instructions as to when and how to take each of those medications. Still I am giving a possible schedule :

1) Tablet Ondero Met needs to be taken immediately after breakfast and dinner.

2)Tablet Gliclazide preferably half an hour before breakfast and dinner.

3)Tablet Levothyroxine always early morning on empty stomach and nothing to be taken after that for at least 1 hour.

4)Tablet Cilnidipine once a day either in the morning or at night.

5) Tablet Seloken can be taken in the morning and at night.

6)Tablet Levetiracetam can be taken after breakfast and after dinner.

7) Tablet Ecosprin at bed time.

8) Tablet Pantoprazole always on empty stomach 40 minutes before breakfast but after at least 1 hour after Thyroxine. SInce you have quite a few drugs to be taken, there is a need to keep some time gap between each medication. Thanks.

|