Q. My husband's blood sugar level is always high despite the medicines. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My husband has diabetes for the last 10 years. He is currently on Amaryl M1. He is living a sedentary lifestyle. For the past few months, the sugar level is always high despite the medication. The fasting blood sugar value was around 169, a week back. His other tests like triglycerides, vitamin D, vitamin B12, etc., were also affected now. His major symptoms are tiredness, unable to do heavy work, frequent half-side headache (back side) mostly when the food time is upset, high BP (140/90), loss of memory, bones seem to be shrunk a bit, short temper, and irritability. Herewith I am attaching his latest blood reports. Kindly check and guide us the treatment plan so that we can treat the root cause. His mother and brother also have diabetes.