Q. What does my mother's medical report reveal?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Mar 31, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

I want a medical opinion for my mother who is diabetic for the last 26 years. Please guide.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

• Please upload any medical record of your mother, only recent ones about two months old only.
  • Also, go for her blood sugar levels right now and tell me what her blood pressure status is? Is she suffering from any other diseases?

Revert back with the reports and details asked to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

I am attaching latest medical reports for your reference. Her blood pressure is normal.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

#

I have thoroughly gone through her case and can well understand the genuine health concerns. I have checked her medical reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

1. She has low hemoglobin levels and needs iron supplementation.
2. Her blood sugar levels before breakfast is high and needs to be kept a bit lower. What are her recent medications? Is she taking any anti-diabetic oral medication? Is she on Insulin? Please give exact names and dosages of all the medicines she is taking right now. I will review her medication for a better insight in this case. Has she ever been diagnosed as a high blood pressure patient?
3. Her urine contains the proteins that are not meant to be coming out in urine. Proteins in urine are absent normally. But, if there is an issue with the filtration mechanism of kidneys, these proteins slip out and come in urine.
4. Also, her serum creatinine (again an indicator of kidney functions) is out of normal range and is high. She may need to get a consultation from a nephrologist or a diabetologist in future for proper diagnostic evaluation.

HbA1c levels (glycated hemoglobin).

1. Vitamin B12 orally once a day.
2. Iron tablet once a day with fresh orange juice.
3. Keep taking diabetes medication whichever she is taking right now.

Revert back with the asked details and test reports to an internal medicine physician online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Related Video

What food can help maintaining BP in a patient with creatinine level 2.7?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife's creatinine is 2.7. Now BP is brought to normal. What food should I give and what to do?  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency result in unbalancing while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, Three years back, I had the problem of unbalancing while walking. I never felt any dizziness or spinning of head. I just had a feeling that I will fall down. I consulted a doctor and he told me that it was due to vitamin B12 deficiency and also prescribed me few shots of Vitcofol. Initial...  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full »