Q. What is the treatment for a 11-year-old patient with combined type 1 and 2 diabetes?

Answered by Dr. Shaikh Sadaf and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

The patient is 11 years old, and right from birth, he is suffering from type 1 and 2 diabetics. Initially, he was on injection and now on tablets every day. As per the doctor, his pancreas is not working from his birth. Can you please let me know if there is any treatment available for this? Also, can the bone marrow blood infusion technique help in treating this issue permanently?