Q. What is your opinion about my sugar values?

Dr. Suneetha B S
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 29, 2020

My fasting blood sugar is 130 and postprandial is 121. After breakfast, I took a sugar tablet. What is your opinion about my values?

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist
#

• Your postprandial blood sugar value is within normal limits that is 1.5 to 2 hours after food. Your morning dose of medicine for diabetes seems to be working perfectly for your body condition.
  • But, your fasting blood sugar level of 130 is slightly high. You might need an added medicine in the night.
  • If you are already taking medication at night, then a slight increase in dosage can help. Visit your doctor for a re-evaluation of your treatment.
  • In case you are not regularly exercising or not practicing good diet control, making small changes in your lifestyle, such as 45 minutes of daily physical exercise with a balanced diet can take you a long way in improving your health status.
  • Before starting any exercise program, I recommend you to consult your doctor for a physical examination to understand what kind of exercise suits you without the risk of injury.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

|