Q. What is your opinion about my sugar values?

Dr. Suneetha B S

My fasting blood sugar is 130 and postprandial is 121. After breakfast, I took a sugar tablet. What is your opinion about my values?

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Diabetes Management?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Suneetha B S

MBBS
Diabetology Microbiology Nutritionist

• Your postprandial blood sugar value is within normal limits that is 1.5 to 2 hours after food. Your morning dose of medicine for diabetes seems to be working perfectly for your body condition.
  • But, your fasting blood sugar level of 130 is slightly high. You might need an added medicine in the night.
  • If you are already taking medication at night, then a slight increase in dosage can help. Visit your doctor for a re-evaluation of your treatment.
  • In case you are not regularly exercising or not practicing good diet control, making small changes in your lifestyle, such as 45 minutes of daily physical exercise with a balanced diet can take you a long way in improving your health status.
  • Before starting any exercise program, I recommend you to consult your doctor for a physical examination to understand what kind of exercise suits you without the risk of injury.

For further information consult a diabetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/diabetologist

Is it necessary to take medicines for tricuspid regurgitation and aortic stenosis separately?
Query: Hello doctor,My wife aged 72, weight 65 kg, is a diabetic type 2 for the past six years, hypertensive for the past two years, is suffering from moderate tricuspid regurgitation, aortic valve sclerosis, and pulmonary hypertension for the past two years. Her systolic function is good and there is no d...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. On the face of diabetes and hypertension with raised cholesterol and LDL, I suggest you add tablet Rosuvas (Rosuvastatin) one tablet daily after dinner. Consult your doctor. I think the dose of anti-diabetes medicine could be adjusted to reduce his blood sugar level to ...  Read Full »

How to manage diabetes?
Query: Hi doctor, My father is suffering from diabetes. His blood sugar values are around 350-470 in the report. Earlier, he never had such a problem. Please provide some solution and help us to get it cured.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is found that your father has overt diabetes and should be managed efficiently to prevent the complications. There are two ways of diabetes management: Lifestyle changes - It includes diabetic diet,...  Read Full »

What treatment has to be followed to reduce higher fasting blood sugar level?
Query: Hello doctor, My wife (55 years) got sugar results fasting 172, and pp 136. What can be the explanation (higher fasting value)? What treatment course to be followed?  Read Full »
Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your wife and it seems that she has an impaired fasting blood sugar and that she must have her HbA1c checked to be sure whether she has a need to take medications for diabetes or not. In the meantime try to take a low carbohydrate and low...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now