Q. I have cramps and bloody diarrhea for a few weeks. How to stop it?

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Published on Nov 21, 2019

I am a 50-year-old female. I have cramps and bloody diarrhea for a few weeks. How can I stop crampy diarrhea?

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist Naturopathy Pharmacology Siddha Medicine Toxicology
#

I think you might have got food toxins during your trip. You take lemon tea (strong tea with more lemon juice) once in four hours. Consume only curd or yogurt with salt during food. Consume lemon juice with salt, tender coconut water, and pomegranate juice. Whenever you wish to drink water, drink this. Pomegranate peel with water, boil it for 30 minutes in mild flame and filter it, add honey or sugar. Consume it thrice daily or soak fenugreek in warm water for two hours, then make juice in mixie, consume this thrice daily.

These practices can treat your issues. If not relieved even after following this for two to three days, then it needs antibiotics as there may be some virulent bacterias.

Why do I have severe stomach pain after eating fatty foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. What could be the cause of a severe stomach pain that happens after eating nuts, seeds, and things with oil in them? By oil, I mean even olive oil and not just greasy foods. This reaction has been happening for a year or so, and I have avoided these foods as ...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown discharge and fatigue after Ortho-Cyclen pills?

Query: Dear doctor, I am on Ortho-Cyclen pills for five months. I skipped my placebo pills and went on to the next pack. Now, I am having stomach cramps after eating, brown discharge, cloudy urine, and fatigue. Kindly advise me.  Read Full »

Had spicy food and suffering from diarrhea. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, Three days back, I had food for dinner. The food was spicy. Next day, in the morning, I vomited it completely. I suffer from diarrhea for the past two days, and I feel tired. Please suggest me.  Read Full »

Ask a Naturopathy Specialist Now