Q. Why am I having diarrhea after anal sex?

Published on Aug 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube.

Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it.

There is no blood in stool, maybe has a light green color but overall brown with a bearable stomach cramp on the right side.

I am currently taking Iron and Vitamin B12 tablets.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself.

It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not have a fever. You need to have medicines for this, like antibiotics tablet Norflox TZ (Norfloxacin) 400 mg two times a day for five days along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg or Rabeprazole 20 mg once a day before breakfast for five days.

You will also need some probiotics like capsule Vizylac or Sporulac sachet three times a day till diarrhea subsides.

For immediate pain relief, you can have antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine 20 or Hyoscine 10 mg whenever needed up to three times a day.

Have plenty of water and ORS (oral rehydration solution). Also, with each stool, you have additional 100 to 200 ml of ORS.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

What could be the tear in anus after anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool. But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description, it looks like your wife had an anal fissure, due to the tear. You should have a look at the strand that is hanging from the anus and locate it and then consult me. Depending on that, we should be able to better help her. However, it is most im...  Read Full

Antibiotic-Associated Diarrhea (AAD)

Article Overview: Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is the passing of watery stools after taking antibiotics. It results from infection by antibiotic-resistant pathogens. Read Article

Dr. Geethu Thomas

The consequences of long-term antibiotic administration are diarrhea, antibiotic resistance, impaired immunity, increased cost of treatment, organ failures and deaths and reduction in beneficial phytoestrogens. Antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD) is unexplained diarrhea associated with the use of a...  Read Article

What could be the possible reason for my mother's stomach cramp?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering with motions and vomitings for a week. She also complained of severe stomach cramp every 15 to 20 minutes. Sudden sweating and nausea whenever she eats or drinks anything. She is getting tired even if she sits for an hour. What could be the possible reasons a...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please give me some more information. Did she have the diarrhea before or after starting Norflox (Norfloxacin) and Zolerab (combination of Rabeprazole and Domperidone)? Does she have fever and chills? Did she observe yellow color of her eyes or change in the color of...  Read Full