Q. Why am I having diarrhea after anal sex?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2019

My partner tried anal sex for the first time in the last three years. It was not painful at all, and he finished inside of me. Also, he used a natural water based lube.

Everything seemed to be fine until the next morning when I had horrible diarrhea. It is very watery and lots of it.

There is no blood in stool, maybe has a light green color but overall brown with a bearable stomach cramp on the right side.

I am currently taking Iron and Vitamin B12 tablets.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Likely it is not related to anal sex because it is not a common complication of anal sex and also bacterias will not proliferate so fast to give you diarrhea in the next morning itself.

It is likely related to food consumption in last few days. I guess you do not have a fever. You need to have medicines for this, like antibiotics tablet Norflox TZ (Norfloxacin) 400 mg two times a day for five days along with some antacid like tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg or Rabeprazole 20 mg once a day before breakfast for five days.

You will also need some probiotics like capsule Vizylac or Sporulac sachet three times a day till diarrhea subsides.

For immediate pain relief, you can have antispasmodic like tablet Dicyclomine 20 or Hyoscine 10 mg whenever needed up to three times a day.

Have plenty of water and ORS (oral rehydration solution). Also, with each stool, you have additional 100 to 200 ml of ORS.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|