Q. Is something seriously wrong with my mother's echo report?

Dr. Isaac Gana

This is concerning my mother, who has been having pain in her left hand and leg at times. She also has pain in her chest and breathlessness. We were concerned about this and decided to take her to a doctor. An echo was done, and the doctor found some abnormalities in the report. However, as per doctors recommendation, he has not advised any medicine as of now, since he says it is in the initial stages. We would like to have few opinions if there is something seriously wrong with the reports or how we can manage it. She is also a chronic asthmatic. I am attaching all the reports that I have of her. Request your kind help on advising what should we do next or if there is something to worry about. Thanks.

#

Thanks for providing all the test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have gone through the test results.

• She has grade 1 diastolic dysfunction. I normally do not recommend treatment for grade 1 diastolic dysfunction, as it occurs normally due to old age. I will advise you to continually check up at least every six months to see the progression. Best regards.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thank you for replying. I just wanted to check if she should take any precautions or any medicines at all. What would you suggest for the pain she is having?

#

• We usually do not recommend treatment for grade 1 diastolic dysfunction neither is it necessary to restrict any activity. I will advise she continues taking all her medications for other illness as prescribed. Best regards.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|