Q. I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Dr. Sanchari Majumder
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 22, 2019

I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I should follow. Please, see the attachments of my health checkup reports. Thank you so much.

#

• I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you.
  1. Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts.
  2. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and egg white or sago.
  3. Mid morning 11 AM - Any fruit. (banana or strawberries or avocado or orange juice).
  4. Lunch 1.30 PM - A cup of brown rice or one dose. Vegetable curry or sambar. A bowl of fish or egg or paneer or mushroom.
  5. Evening snacks - A bowl of vegetable or chicken stew or puffed rice and cucumber or momo.
  6. Dinner 8.30 PM - Roti or brown rice with vegetable curry.
  • Avoid fatty foods, alcohol, fast foods, salt, and red meat. Take more vegetables and fruits.

For further queries consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

Kindly suggest the best cooking oil for me.

#

• Olive oil is best for you. Also, you can take healthy fat like flaxseed, nuts, coconut oil, etc.

For more information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|