Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.

Answered by
Dr. Sanchari Majumder
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 22, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 38 year old male, who has high cholesterol and a fatty liver. In our home, we use groundnut oil for cooking, and I use up to six teaspoons of ghee every day. I consume alcohol twice a day. But now, I have decided to stop alcohol and follow a strict diet. Tell me a diet that I should follow. Please, see the attachments of my health checkup reports. Thank you so much.

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Dietician Nutritionist


Welcome to

  • I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and following is the diet chart for you.
  1. Early morning 7 AM - green tea with a biscuit or half plate sprouts.
  2. Breakfast 8.30 AM - a bowl of oatmeal or two pieces of brown bread and egg white or sago.
  3. Mid morning 11 AM - Any fruit. (banana or strawberries or avocado or orange juice).
  4. Lunch 1.30 PM - A cup of brown rice or one dose. Vegetable curry or sambar. A bowl of fish or egg or paneer or mushroom.
  5. Evening snacks - A bowl of vegetable or chicken stew or puffed rice and cucumber or momo.
  6. Dinner 8.30 PM - Roti or brown rice with vegetable curry.
  • Avoid fatty foods, alcohol, fast foods, salt, and red meat. Take more vegetables and fruits.

For further queries consult a dietician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

Kindly suggest the best cooking oil for me.

Dr. Sanchari Majumder

Dietician Nutritionist


Welcome back to

  • Olive oil is best for you. Also, you can take healthy fat like flaxseed, nuts, coconut oil, etc.

For more information consult a dietician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have high cholesterol and a fatty liver. Please suggest a diet chart.
What is the risk of high triglycerides?
Please give me necessary medical advice after seeing my annual blood reports.
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I am getting sudden chest and back pain for the past six months. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have chest pain, and back pain for the past six months and feeling heavy in the mornings. Feeling like vomiting in the morning, and sometimes, sudden high pain in chest on walking.  Read Full »

From my blood reports, please tell me if I am anemic.

Query: Hi doctor, I have got a blood test done. Please find the attached reports. Please let me know if I need to take any specific medicine. When I searched on the internet, I found that I may be anemic. Please reply.  Read Full »

Why am I having raised cholesterol levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a full blood count done and would like a second opinion on the results. It was my cholesterol which surprised me. I have never suffered from high cholesterol but over the past three years, it has kept up and recent tests showed serum cholesterol 7 mmol/L/HDL, 1.25 mmol/L/L...  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dietician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.