Q. Kindly give a diet plan to regulate my creatinine, uric acid and protein.

Dr. Manidipa Dey
Published on Oct 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am 55 years old and I am a diabetic patient with high BP. In a recent test the creatinine, uric acid and protein found to abnormal. I have been advised the following diet plan like protein 0.9 g per kg per day, diabetic, low potassium, low urate and low phosphorus. I am a non-vegetarian and often eat fish and chicken. Explain me the diet plan. Can I take fish and other non-vegetarian foods? If so, how much often can I take? Please advise me.

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician Nutritionist
#

The following diet chart is designed for you according to your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please follow it properly.

• Wake up time - 7 AM.
  • Breakfast:
  1.  Milk - half cup (200 mL).
  2. Arrowroot biscuit - 1 piece.
  3. Oats - 3 to 4 tablespoons.
  4. Boiled egg white -1.
  • Mid-Morning:
  1. Buttermilk 1 cup or 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
  • Lunch:
  1. Khichdi - 1 bowl (rice - 40 to 45 g and moong dal - 15 g).
  2. Roti - 2 to 3 pieces.
  3. Boiled vegetables (boiled and strained water, use ridge gourd, snake gourd, broad beans, eggplant, bottle gourd, onion and lettuce) - 1 bowl.
  4. Stewed chicken - 2 small portions (50 to 70 g).
  5. Fish - 1 small piece (40 g).
  • Afternoon Snacks:
  1. Cucumber or apple or pineapple - 1/2 cup.
  • Evening Snacks:
  1. Semolina porridge 2 tablespoons.
  • Dinner:
  1. Khichdi - 1 bowl (rice-40 g and moong dal-10 g).
  2. Roti - 2 pieces.
  3. Boiled vegetables - 1 bowl.
  • Use less spices and herbs, low sodium salt in cooking. Include only 2 to 5 g of salt in your diet.
  • The food to be avoided are potato, spinach, nuts, extra milk, lentils, orange, tomato, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, green leafy vegetables, lemon, table salt, papad, pickles, preservative foods and processed foods.

For further information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

I have high cholesterol. Can I take milk and roti in morning breakfast? Kindly advice the dal which must be avoided. Can I take bitter guard, carrot and beetroot? Should I take curd? Kindly advice the vegetables, which should be avoided and fruits that can be taken?

Dr. Manidipa Dey

Dietician Nutritionist
#

• You can take skimmed milk or toned milk, which is less in fat percentage. And you can take curd preferably homemade from toned milk.
  • As you are a diabetic patient you should avoid underground vegetables like carrot, potato, beetroot, etc., I have mentioned the avoid list in the diet chart.
  • Apart from that avoid all fruits and vegetables contained sodium and potassium. So, you have to boil the vegetables and strain the water to remove the sodium and potassium.
  • Also, avoid lentil (mass or dal), rajma, soybean and chickpea. You can take moong dal.

My creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for hig...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Varma
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand, you are having hypertension for past 15 years, apparently under control at present. Many a time, hypertension can remain undetected, without symptoms for long. So we may not know the exact duration of the disease in many patients. You have hypertension ...  Read Full

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Manidipa Dey
Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to follow a high protein, low calorie and low fat balanced diet. Do not skip your breakfast. To control gastric problem you need to take food at proper interval. Do not let your stomach empty for a longer time. For hypertension avoid table salt intake and use l...  Read Full

Please suggest a diet plan for hypothyroidism and high BP.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50 year old male. My height is 6 feet and my weight is 90 kg. I take regular medications for hypothyroidism and high BP. I am attaching my latest reports. Please suggest a low-carb high-fat vegetarian diet.  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to your height, your ideal weight should be 63 kg. You need to reduce at least 25 kg. Your total cholesterol count is high. General suggestions as follows:...  Read Full

Ask a Dietician Now