Q. Kindly give a diet plan to regulate my creatinine, uric acid and protein.

Manidipa Dey
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 23, 2019

I am 55 years old and I am a diabetic patient with high BP. In a recent test the creatinine, uric acid and protein found to abnormal. I have been advised the following diet plan like protein 0.9 g per kg per day, diabetic, low potassium, low urate and low phosphorus. I am a non-vegetarian and often eat fish and chicken. Explain me the diet plan. Can I take fish and other non-vegetarian foods? If so, how much often can I take? Please advise me.

#

The following diet chart is designed for you according to your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please follow it properly.

• Wake up time - 7 AM.
  • Breakfast:
  1.  Milk - half cup (200 mL).
  2. Arrowroot biscuit - 1 piece.
  3. Oats - 3 to 4 tablespoons.
  4. Boiled egg white -1.
  • Mid-Morning:
  1. Buttermilk 1 cup or 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
  • Lunch:
  1. Khichdi - 1 bowl (rice - 40 to 45 g and moong dal - 15 g).
  2. Roti - 2 to 3 pieces.
  3. Boiled vegetables (boiled and strained water, use ridge gourd, snake gourd, broad beans, eggplant, bottle gourd, onion and lettuce) - 1 bowl.
  4. Stewed chicken - 2 small portions (50 to 70 g).
  5. Fish - 1 small piece (40 g).
  • Afternoon Snacks:
  1. Cucumber or apple or pineapple - 1/2 cup.
  • Evening Snacks:
  1. Semolina porridge 2 tablespoons.
  • Dinner:
  1. Khichdi - 1 bowl (rice-40 g and moong dal-10 g).
  2. Roti - 2 pieces.
  3. Boiled vegetables - 1 bowl.
  • Use less spices and herbs, low sodium salt in cooking. Include only 2 to 5 g of salt in your diet.
  • The food to be avoided are potato, spinach, nuts, extra milk, lentils, orange, tomato, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, green leafy vegetables, lemon, table salt, papad, pickles, preservative foods and processed foods.

For further information consult a dietician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

I have high cholesterol. Can I take milk and roti in morning breakfast? Kindly advice the dal which must be avoided. Can I take bitter guard, carrot and beetroot? Should I take curd? Kindly advice the vegetables, which should be avoided and fruits that can be taken?

#

• You can take skimmed milk or toned milk, which is less in fat percentage. And you can take curd preferably homemade from toned milk.
  • As you are a diabetic patient you should avoid underground vegetables like carrot, potato, beetroot, etc., I have mentioned the avoid list in the diet chart.
  • Apart from that avoid all fruits and vegetables contained sodium and potassium. So, you have to boil the vegetables and strain the water to remove the sodium and potassium.
  • Also, avoid lentil (mass or dal), rajma, soybean and chickpea. You can take moong dal.

|