Q. What are some of the dietary tips for a pregnant woman?

Dr. Ridhi Narang
and medically reviewed by Dr. Anuthanyaa R

I am a 25-year-old woman, and I am three months pregnant. I was officially confirmed to be pregnant today. I need some tips to overcome pregnancy and gain mental and physical strength. Also, please guide me regarding the following:

1. What should I eat during pregnancy?
  2. What should I avoid eating at the time of pregnancy?
  3. Can a pregnant woman eat papaya? If yes, how much can I take?

Please give me some general instructions or tips that a pregnant woman should follow.

#

As you are pregnant, you should take high fiber and a protein-rich diet. You can perform all your daily activities and do not exert yourself. Drink adequate water and stay hydrated throughout the pregnancy. If you have any doubts, you can consult me. Get all your blood tests and ultrasounds on time.

Take care.

|