Difficulty In Concentrating

Does spaced-out feeling and concentration difficulty indicate a brain tumor?

Query: Hello doctor, I have now had various conditions that have worsened for the past 18 months, including constant spaced-out feeling, always feel enclosed within my head, lack of clarity, and inability to concentrate on simple tasks such as reading, driving, or simple conversation. Frequent blurred vis...  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these symptoms you have mentioned are hinting towards a mental disorder rather than a brain tumor (which has been effectively ruled out). Please answer the questions below. Do you have a depressed mood most of the day? Or loss of interest or pleasure in most o...  Read Full »

Why am I unable to concentrate and feel sleepy?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel sleepy when I try to concentrate on certain things. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Gursimran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to know regarding your problems. Can you please elaborate on the problem? When do you try to concentrate, in the day time or night? How is your sleep at night? Please answer the above questions.  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in the head with concentration difficulty and memory loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some symptoms like pain in my head bones, swollen sensation in my brain, pain on the left upper side of the head, temporary memory loss, difficulty concentrating, and chronic fatigue. Please review my MRI report.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The findings of the MRI brain scan are not of serious concern (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a mild cerebral atrophy changes and slightly prominent lateral ventricles. A curvilinear T1 flair hyperintensity in the left frontal convexity i...  Read Full »

Kindly help me get relief from headaches and double vision.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having headache and double vision. My body is vibrating. I am feeling sad and could not concentrate on anything for the past 15 days. Since a few days, I feel like vomiting and heartburn after having food. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Persistent headache and double vision are symptoms which need further work-up. For other symptoms I can suggest medicines. I suggest you tablet Fluoxetine 10 mg at bedtime and continue for six weeks. This is for sad feeling and concentration problem. Tablet Paracetamol 65...  Read Full »

Why do some students lack interest in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are feeling a lack of interest in studies and unable to focus on your studies.  Read Full »

How to improve concentration in studies?

Query: Hi doctor, My 14 year old son cannot concentrate on studies and struggling in school. He is nervous and shaky, especially in school. He scored 65% overall and 85% in his favorite subjects. He reads a lot of story books. We went to a psychiatrist last year and he said that my son is suffering from a...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Considering his age, there are many possible reasons that could cause similar presentation. You have mentioned that he is performing well in some subjects, but poor in another. So, there is a possibility of a specific learning disorder. But,...  Read Full »

I find it difficult to concentrate and get sleepy, when I start studying. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student who is currently preparing for a competitive exam, and I am feeling very low and have a lot of negative thoughts. I have a very good family, who have fulfilled all my wishes. When it comes to my studies, even my parents never forced me to study more than my capacity. All ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I feel there is anhedonia (loss of pleasure in almost all activities) and pessimistic attitude despite having high ambitions. The conflict in the thought process and behavior is causing more problems than any...  Read Full »

How to tackle my concentration problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to com...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and s...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest a diet chart so that I can study properly and stop gaining weight?

Query: Hlw dr. I m a student. I always feel very lazy n whenever i start studying i feel sleepy n get onto bed. My exams are coming n i m unable to control my sleeping. Please help me with some diet chart so that i can study properly n dur to improper diet my weight increased alarmingly.  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. For your height, you just have to decrease 2-3 kgs. You can avoid on all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sweets, fried stuffs, alcohol and tobacco. Don’t store any kind of junk foods at home . That way you can control eating it. Follow a simple mantra...  Read Full »