Difficulty In Concentrating

I find it difficult to concentrate and get sleepy, when I start studying. What is wrong with me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student who is currently preparing for a competitive exam, and I am feeling very low and have a lot of negative thoughts. I have a very good family, who have fulfilled all my wishes. When it comes to my studies, even my parents never forced me to study more than my capacity. All ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I feel there is anhedonia (loss of pleasure in almost all activities) and pessimistic attitude despite having high ambitions. The conflict in the thought process and behavior is causing more problems than any...  Read Full »

How to tackle my concentration problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my second year college. I am unable to concentrate on my studies during the exam. I am very much tensed. I am always overthinking the situations. My parents stay in abroad. I am capable of scoring good marks, but because of my fear I cannot do anything. Is there any way to com...  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Lakhani

Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can. At the start, let me tell you, you are not the only one who is facing this. Many of us go through such phase and come out of it. So, do not worry and think about things that you like to do and give some time to them every day. This will give you a feeling of...  Read Full »

Can I consult a psychiatrist for my memory loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I am in a constant brain fog state. I have terrible social anxiety as I cannot remember anything to talk about. This has kept me from truly pursuing anything. I do not want to look stupid. In school, I usually zone out and often forget the names of people who I already met. So...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, a psychiatrist can help with memory loss. First of all considering your age, the memory loss you have is not due to organic causes. But, most likely due to poor focus and concentration, which in turn due to social anxiety and depression. Brain fog like state and s...  Read Full »

Can you please suggest a diet chart so that I can study properly and stop gaining weight?

Query: Hlw dr. I m a student. I always feel very lazy n whenever i start studying i feel sleepy n get onto bed. My exams are coming n i m unable to control my sleeping. Please help me with some diet chart so that i can study properly n dur to improper diet my weight increased alarmingly.  Read Full »

Dr. Subharanjini Ramesh

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq. For your height, you just have to decrease 2-3 kgs. You can avoid on all kinds of junk foods, processed foods, bakery products, sweets, fried stuffs, alcohol and tobacco. Don’t store any kind of junk foods at home . That way you can control eating it. Follow a simple mantra...  Read Full »

How to concentrate on my studies?

Query: Hi doctor, I am so depressed with my life. Everything is going good now, but some past activities and incidents of my life are not getting over. Also, there are some characters in my family who ruined my past life and also trying to ruin my present life. I cannot tolerate them. There are lots of th...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, if you are really feeling very low, exhausted and numb, then I think you should start with a good antidepressant medication. I suggest Nexito 10 mg (Escitalopram) once a day and wait for the results for at least four to six weeks. Consult your specialist doc...  Read Full »

How to fix my long term concentration problems with excessive mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I have trouble concentrating. It feels like my mind is always in a thousand different places at once and it is hard to keep in it one place or thought. I have excessive moods and sway from one thing to next all the time. I also have a constant voluntary shaking of my leg. I need some...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been having trouble with concentration, mood swings, and restless legs? There are several different possible reasons that can cause these symptoms. For example, if these symptoms were present since childhood we may need to consider ADD/ADHD (attentio...  Read Full »

Please suggest ayurveda medicines for ADHD.

Query: Hi doctor, My son was diagnosed with ADHD before a year and subsequently he was given Vyvanse 20 mg. He has continued to take this medication until this year with a dosage increase from 20 mg to 30 mg. He is 8 years old and weighs about 70 lbs. I would like to get him off this medication and try ...  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rather than just mentioning as ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder), I would request you mention the dominant symptoms you have noted in him. Also, mention about his bowel movements, sleeping and food habits. Revert back with a detailed history to an ayur...  Read Full »

How to manage my irritability due to no concentration on my studies during board exams?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having 0% concentration in my studies. My board exams are going on, I have become too irritable. I am also able to make myself happy again but the stress of studying is bothering me as I cannot concentrate. Also, I am motivating myself but still, I cannot.  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Board exams are indeed stressful for every student and especially with this huge coronavirus scare thats going on, it is even worse I am sure. Although, now that your board exams have been suspended for the next 10 days, you may breathe a sigh of relief. I can still ...  Read Full »

Why do I feel that my senses have dulled?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a period of time in my life recently where I was depressed and unmotivated. I have always had some forms of anxiety from time to time as well. More recently, however, I began to make strides to come out of my depression and started being happy and living life again, but I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your symptoms, I understand that you have problem encoding short-term memories and processing information. To know this better, I need to know few things. Have you had any seizures in the childhood associated with fever? Do you misplace things? Is it difficult t...  Read Full »

How to overcome brain fog while studying?

Query: Hello doctor, I am studying french, and every time I conjugate, I get a brain fog. It is the feeling you get when you stare at something. It is very annoying. What can I do to get rid of it? I am trying very hard to concentrate on the spells, but it is not helping me.  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Being a school counselor, I feel that you are having concentration issues while analyzing or solving any query in your academic work. Learning the second language whether it be French or any other, requires much effort in the beginning. Especially when you are at th...  Read Full »