For the past two months, I have had difficulty concentrating. Could it be because of ADHD?

Q. Do concentration difficulties occur due to ADHD?

Answered by
Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 06, 2023

Hi doctor,

For the past couple of months, I have been finding it very difficult to concentrate on things. Due to this, my grades have been deteriorating quite a bit in school. I rarely play games. Could it be because of ADHD? I am starting to notice the effects from the last ten months. I am only taking ayurvedic medicine such as Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) and Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri).



Welcome to

I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern.

I can understand your situation, but you have not mentioned enough details which can help me to diagnose ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder). But I can suggest you few suggestions that can help you deal with your problems:

  • Do exercises daily for 30 to 45 minutes, like at least going for a walk. It will help you to uplift your mood and helps you in your study.
  • Do meditation for 20 minutes daily. Sit in one place in a comfortable position, and try to concentrate on your normal breathing. Do not stop or force yourself to stop your thoughts, just let them be. It will help you to increase concentration.
  • Eat healthy home-cooked foods, and avoid junk foods.
  • You must drink enough water.
  • Spend quality time with friends and family daily, or do video calls if you are living away from your family.
  • Spend time on creative hobbies like reading good books, writing journals, painting, drawing, and learning new skills like language or musical instruments.
  • Sleep enough for seven to eight hours daily.
  • Avoid tobacco, alcohol, or any substance abuse.
  • Live your life, do not just spend it. Be bold and confident.

If you still have symptoms that persist after following the advice for four to six weeks, then you need to consult your nearest psychiatrist for a detailed evaluation. I suggest you do the following blood investigations:

1. CBC (complete blood count).

2. Thyroid profile.

3. Vitamin B12.

4. Vitamin D3.

I hope that you get your answer.

Please, let me know if you want some help.

Thank you.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why is my ferritin level low, but transferrin saturation level is high?

.. your concern. From the report attached (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity), first, for ferritin, you got nothing to worry about as your hemoglobin (Hb) is normal, iron is normal, CBC (complete blood count) is normal, and fer   Read full

Is ADHD a lifelong condition?

.. your concern. Your son seems to have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and you have to support him in all activities and arrange special education. This is a condition wherein the brain does not reciprocate to all stimuli, and thoughts a   Read full

I am not able to focus on studies because of my thoughts. What should I do?

.. understand that you feel concerned and would like to increase concentration in studies due to preoccupation with thoughts. Low concentration over studies could be due to various reasons. For instance, negative experiences at schools or classes, co   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.