Q. What are the possible causes of walking difficulties after a bike accident?

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder

I had a bike accident about three months ago. In the accident, I got injured and underwent an MRI of the right knee joint. The report suggests the following:

1. Bony contusion involving tibial plateau and medial femoral condyle.
  2. Partial tear of PCL.
  3. Minimal joint effusion.

I am having walking difficulties. Please help.

#

The important component of your injury is PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) tear. I would like to know a few points:

1. How is your pain currently?
  2. Are you able to bear weight?
  3. What is the degree of PCL tear as per the report?

I suggest passive mobilization and weight bearing with the help of crutches. You can use a brace to stabilize the knee. Severe cases like grade 3 ligament injury might need surgical repair. I would be further able to clarify your doubts if I could see your reports.

|