Digestive Enzyme Supplements

Suffering from floating stool and stomach pain. How can I help myself to get better?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a diabetic patient (type 1) for the past 12 years. I have never suffered from floating stool for such a prolonged time. I am suffering from this problem for the past six months. I am suffering from excessive gas and frequently get stomach aches. Can you please let me know the proble...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Floating stool is suggestive of abnormal digestion and absorption of fat from the diet which leads to an excess amount of fat in the stool. Stomach ache and gas are suggestive of indigestion due to lack of intestinal ...  Read Full »

My baby passes stools about five times a day. Is it diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 months old. He has frequent stools, about four to five times in a day. He passes the stools about an hour after his meal every time. It is semisolid. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a normal phenomenon in children of this age group. You need not be worried. There is no need to start any medication. What you could do is, give him some probiotic and enzyme supplements, continue with breastfeeding and complementary feeding (if started). Relax...  Read Full »

How to get rid of gas trouble?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male. I am working as a software professional. I have a gas problem since 20 days. I have this problem since two years but, I recovered well after every episode.  I have a severe burning sensation in the chest and flatulence. How can I get rid of this problem perm...  Read Full »

Dr. Kunal Das

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have a long standing gas problem. I suggest the following: Avoid milk, tea, coffee, citrus fruits and juices, amla (gooseberry), tamarind, fatty foods, rajma, chole, and cauliflower. Take Tablet Unizyme and PPI (proton pump inhibitor). Also take cap...  Read Full »

Can my acute pancreatitis become chronic?

Query: Hello doctor, I had acute pancreatitis three weeks ago (probably due to too many drinks on a Saturday although I am not a big drinker generally) and since then struggled with digestion. I am very worried as some of my stools are pale yellow and I have terrible fatigue. My blood tests are now all fin...  Read Full »

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Generally, it takes time to recover after acute pancreatitis. I suggest you stop drinking alcohol, absolute cessation of alcohol. You are at a risk of developing repeated episodes of pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis if you continue to drink. Please start enzyme...  Read Full »

Can I take digestive enzyme for frequent bloating?

Query: Hello doctor,When I wake up by 8 AM I immediately go to clear the bowel. After that, I feel somewhat relaxed but after few minutes I start feeling bloated and then I take a cup of tea and after 15 minutes again I rush to the bathroom. Then I feel completely relaxed but after breakfast, after few hou...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Your symptoms could be due to hyperactivity or any stomach infection. I advise you to take care of your diet because most of the symptoms arises because of unhealthy dietary practices. Avoid tea, coffee for few days. Avoid junk food, spic...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment for chronic pancreatitis with calcium build-up in the pancreatic duct?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife had pancreatitis, and now she has scarring and calcium buildup in her pancreatic duct. According to her doctor, there is nothing to be done, and she has to live on a liquid diet. I am looking for a second opinion because I do not want her to die from this. Any help is appreciat...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the description, she is suffering from chronic pancreatitis. In this, a persistent inflammation develops in the pancreas. Over time, the inflammation causes scarring and damage to parts of the pancreas. This can then lead to enzymes and insulin deficiency. The...  Read Full »

Can you tell the reason for crampy stomach and belching when the scope tests are clear?

Query: Hi doctor,I am in my early 60s. For the last three months, after dinner, I feel indigestion for 2 hours and have a crampy stomach with lots of belchings. Because of this, I am not on regular food. Earlier, I had a few issues, but that was manageable and not so intense. Now, even when not taking food...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Having normal endoscopy reports does not eliminate other small intestine related causes for indigestion. Constipation itself cause heartburn and belching related to incomplete evacuation due to slow intestinal movement. ...  Read Full »

I was not benefited with the medicines for gas problem. Please help me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing extreme gas problem almost continuously from the last few months. I feel constant uneasiness, bloated feeling, and slight pain sometimes. I have taken a few symptomatic medicine and a few ayurvedic tablets like Liv-52 and Triphala, but no relief at all. Please advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern for your symptoms. Your symptoms are consistent with indigestion. Indigestion might be due to many reasons such as severe acidity, abnormal intestine movement, constipation, etc. Liv-52 has no role in indigestion problem. You should stop i...  Read Full »

How to know the reason for blood in my stool?

Query: Hi doctor,I got blood in the stool. I was doing a job in night shift and daily I ate guava and papaya. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The stool sample should be sent for microscopic examination, routine and microscopy, to see if it is blood or not. It could be colitis or gastroenteritis. The stool test will make it clear whether there is an infection or it is just due to the disturbed gastrointestinal ...  Read Full »

Having abdominal pain and bloated feeling for five months. Could this be due to colon cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had abdominal pain for five months. It is mainly under the right side ribs along the right flank. I also have some pain on the left. I feel gassy and bloated. The stomach makes some crazy noises. I was constipated for a few months, but now I have constant diarrhea. I am going to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your question, most likely it is not colon cancer. The problems are due to disturbed gastrointestinal flora. Our gut consists of its own environment of a microorganism called gut flora. They are responsible for proper digestion of food. Once this flora is depleted...  Read Full »