Q. Can I take digestive enzyme for frequent bloating?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
Published on Jul 30, 2018

When I wake up by 8 AM I immediately go to clear the bowel. After that, I feel somewhat relaxed but after few minutes I start feeling bloated and then I take a cup of tea and after 15 minutes again I rush to the bathroom. Then I feel completely relaxed but after breakfast, after few hours, it starts getting bloated but when I go to the bathroom I am not able to poop but I feel very upset in the stomach and bloated. So after my afternoon lunch, by evening 6 to 7, I eat some light food and after a few minutes, I need to rush to the bathroom to poop. I went to the doctor many times but nothing worked for me. I am plannig to take the digestive enzyme. Can I take it? Please suggest.

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query. Your symptoms could be due to hyperactivity or any stomach infection. I advise you to take care of your diet because most of the symptoms arises because of unhealthy dietary practices. Avoid tea, coffee for few days. Avoid junk food, spicy, and fatty food. Do not remain empty stomach for a long time. Include more salads and fibrous food stuffs in your diet. Avoid taking more protein in your diet. If you have not tried any antacid drug like proton pump inhibitors in the past, then I suggest you take tablet Pantoprazole Domperidone (40/10mg) for 14 days. This tablet you have to take one in the morning and one in the evening before meals. Drink plenty of water.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can infection on penis cause severe itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from an infection on my penis. I am using Clotrimazole cream over the infection. Once I miss applying cream a day, the penis gets infected with red patches, pus-filled boils and there is severe itching. My partner is not affected by any problem though we are sexually activ...  Read Full »

Ringworm Infections

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the preventive measures for ringworm infections. Read Article

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Medical Name: Tinea corporis This is an infective condition of the skin that is caused by fungus which has tendency to grow fast in the hot, humid regions of the body. Facts About Ringworm Infections: Ring worm infection affects people of all age groups and has a worldwide distribution. It...  Read Article

My baby passes stools about five times a day. Is it diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 6 months old. He has frequent stools, about four to five times in a day. He passes the stools about an hour after his meal every time. It is semisolid. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »