Q. I have poor digestion, bad appetite, and feel nauseous. Please help.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 28, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 35 year old male, and I am 155 cm tall and weigh 36 kg. I feel that my digestion is very slow from the past 13 years. I am often constipated, and my appetite is bad. I feel nauseous, burp a lot, and find it hard to digest sweet. I tried taking Rabeprazole and enzymes for this problem, but I have not tried taking any medication continuously.

#

• The probable causes of anorexiaheartburn, and dyspepsia are as follows:
  1. Eating spicy and fried junk foods. 
  2. Excessive smoking and drinking habits.
  3. Anxiety.
  4. Taking NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) or Aspirin excessively.
  5. Consuming cold drinks. 
  6. Sometimes, it is due to unknown reason. 
  7. Consuming outside food.
  8. Depression.
  9. Sleeping immediately after food.
  10. H.pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection in the stomach.
  • Ayurvedic medicines work very nicely without creating any other complications. Due to improper digestion of food, the body becomes emaciated and looks sick. Here are some ayurvedic medicines: Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines after their consent.
  1. Chitrakadi Vati, one tablet twice a day.
  2. Kumaryasava 15 ml, twice a day after meals.
  3. Kamadudha Rasa, one tablet twice a day.
  4. Avipattikar Churna 3 g, twice a day.
  • I suggest you try the following preventive measure:
  1. Avoid smoking and drinking, if you have the habit.
  2. Avoid outside food.
  3. Eat fiber-rich fruits and vegetables.
  4. Do regular yoga and meditation to regulate your body metabolism and appetite.

For more information consult an ayurveda specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|