Disappointment

Why do I get some weird thoughts and numb feeling?

Query: Hi doctor, Nine months before, I had to break up with my mom's house. Then, I found that she passed away. Since then, I am really numb without any feelings. I have been crying non-stop for her, because she was my best friend as well. Also, I am not able to explain my feeling. In the past one and a h...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your feeling. Please do not worry and do not scare about your symptoms. You were shocked to see your mother's death and that shock precipitated as anxiety about your own health. You started to fear about your life, well-being, etc., and that again made yo...  Read Full »

How to confirm depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I just wanted to ask a few questions and get an opinion. I have been experiencing symptoms of depression for the last two years and I do not know what to do. I do not want to get my family involved unless I know anything for sure and I do not even know if I have depression. I have not had...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should understand the difference between depression and disappointment. Disappointment also manifest symptoms as in the case of the depression. Were you deeply disappointed in the near past, say within one year? You did not have any bad experiences and your family d...  Read Full »

My daughter is hypersensitive to insult and criticism. How to make her feel confident?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 13 years old. For the medical record, she is yet to experience menarche. She is intelligent, cheerful, very creative, bubbly and incredibly empathetic child. I believe she is the best thing ever happened to us. I have a concern about her. She is very sensitive and cries at t...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She is at a tender age and in 15 to 25 years of age fixation of traits of personality occurs. Though any individual start developing specific features since birth, reshaping occurs whenever needed. Learning by doing, modeling, copying others, etc., also determine the d...  Read Full »

My dad passed away. How to make sure my mom is happy?

Query: Hello doctor,My dad expired one year back. My brother is elder and not interested to look after my mom. So, she stays with me. I am trying hard to make her happy, but it goes in vain. I need a suggestion on how to behave.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would like to congratulate you for your dedication towards your mother. I really appreciate that you are looking after your mother. As you are her daughter, she is expecting that her son look after her. But, it is not possible in this case. So, she is really...  Read Full »

My friend is not accepting my love. What shall I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old. I live with my parents, but I feel very lonely. My long time school friend introduced me to his childhood friend and we have been talking for the past two to three months through mobile. I like talking to him and wait for his test messages eagerly. I have started l...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have involved yourself emotionally in this relationship and have gone a step further by getting serious about it. First of all, you should know the wavelength of the person with whom we like. Without knowing what he is interested in, do not jump into conclusions. Pr...  Read Full »