Q. I have been prescribed 900 mg of Pregabalin per day for nerve pain. Is this the right dose?

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari

I have prescribed Gabapentin 300 mg three times daily for nerve pain. Does it mean 900 mg a day? Is this the right dose?

#

The dose of Gabapentin has been rightly prescribed as 300 mg three times a day, and the daily dose will come to 900 mg/day. I suggest you take this dose, and if there is any feeling of adverse feeling, you can consult your doctor. 900 mg per day is the correct dose, and please do not change it without consulting the doctor.

I have been prescribed Gabapentin for nerve pain. I have a bone spur in my neck, pinching a nerve. I have single 100 mg tablets. I have been taking one tablet twice daily for three months. My pain has been severe. I did not realize that I have to take three 100 mg tablets three times a day, equaling 900 mg. How should I proceed?

#

Now I understand the reason for the prescription of Gabapentin. You have a minor prolapse disc, which is causing compression of the nerve, which is causing pain and discomfort. You have to approach the problem in two main approaches rehabilitation and medication.

Do strengthening of neck muscles and postural correction to avoid nerve pressure. Neck exercises can be viewed from Youtube or other sites and go for it but in a graded fashion, meaning that gradually increases the duration and frequency of exercises. These are isometric neck exercises. The second part is the correct posture, sitting on a high-backed chair, avoiding bending of the neck too much during your work, or working on a table. Use the laptop on a table and chair and avoid lounging on the sofa or sitting and lying on the bed.

Gabapentin is a good drug and will help. If you do not respond to it, we can change the medicine. I suggest that you gradually increase the dosage.

Tablet Gabapentin 100 mg 2-1-1 for three days, after that increase to 2 - 2 - 1 for three days, and after that increase to 2 - 2 - 2.

Review after 10 days.

|