Q. What is the cause and treatment for burning, itching and fluid discharge from nipple area?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. She is 24 years female. She is having severe burning and itching around her nipple area. Sometimes fluid also discharges from the affected area. The problem persists for the past four months, and she has also tried anti-bacterial powders, but there is no success. What can be done?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I understand your query. What your friend seems to suffer from is a bacterial infection. Burning and itching are not alarming, but discharge from nipple is not a good sign. It could denote a severe underlying problem. The antibacterial powder will not help in her case. She needs proper antibiotic tablets. Since I cannot visibly see the lesion, it is difficult to comment on the problem accurately. I suggest you get cytology done of the discharge and also an ultrasound of the breast. Visit a gynecologist in your area and get appropriate treatment, if you can upload picture and reports I may be able to help you better.

| 

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

Can burning sensation of throat occur from acid reflux?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I just like to share a problem with you related to my throat. For the last 10 days or so, I am feeling a scratch or burning like sensation behind the uvula. I do not have any problem with eating. The sensation tends to remain silent at night during sleep, but agai...  Read Full »

I am having burning sensation in my scrotum after oral sex. Could it be HIV?

Query: Hello doctor,I had receptive oral sex (received fellation) with an escort girl three weeks ago. Since then, I have got urethritis three days after. I have been treated with Levofloxacin for 10 days. The urethritis got cured, but I kept getting some strange burning sensations in my scrotum and the to...  Read Full »