Q. What is the cause and treatment for burning, itching and fluid discharge from nipple area?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

I am posting this on behalf of my friend. She is 24 years female. She is having severe burning and itching around her nipple area. Sometimes fluid also discharges from the affected area. The problem persists for the past four months, and she has also tried anti-bacterial powders, but there is no success. What can be done?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I understand your query. What your friend seems to suffer from is a bacterial infection. Burning and itching are not alarming, but discharge from nipple is not a good sign. It could denote a severe underlying problem. The antibacterial powder will not help in her case. She needs proper antibiotic tablets. Since I cannot visibly see the lesion, it is difficult to comment on the problem accurately. I suggest you get cytology done of the discharge and also an ultrasound of the breast. Visit a gynecologist in your area and get appropriate treatment, if you can upload picture and reports I may be able to help you better.

|