Q. Why is my rash itching, and shaped like a coin?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I have a rash that is a coin size. It causes discomfort and itching. What can I do? Please help.

#

I understand your concern. But there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to assess the condition and suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.

Thank you for the response.

Please have a look at the image I have attached.

#

Thanks for sharing the picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). This looks like a case of Discoid eczema. Nummular or Discoid Eczema is a kind of inflammatory skin condition, which can present as dry, fissured, rough patches with itching with a shape like a coin or annular or discoid.

I suggest the following medications

1. Momate-F cream (Mometasone and Fusidic Acid).

2. Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

3. Tablet Bilast 20 mg (Bilastine) once a day.

Mix both creams in a 1:1 ratio and apply twice a day to the affected area. Review after two weeks. I hope this helps.

|