Discontinuation Of Venlafaxine

I wish to wean Veniz without withdrawal symptoms. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old male. Currently, I am taking 225 mg Veniz XR for depression. I am taking it for the past 6 years. My problem is ED. For the past one year, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Please suggest me some medicine. I am unmarried. Can I use Sildenafil for one night stan...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, drugs like Sildenafil or Tadalafil can be used on SOS basis (as and when required). These drugs if used about half to one hour before intercourse can help to improve the erection and will make hard erection. Veniz XR (Venlafaxine) can increase adrenergic output an...  Read Full »

Can Fluoxetine be tried instead of Venlor XR?

Query: Hello doctor, I tried Venlor XR 75 mg during the night and got very poor result for put me to sleep. I tried to take it only in the morning and that too resulted in me being very sleepy. Can I try Fluoxetine? Or any other alternative medicines like ayurveda? Can I take St.John's wort or 5-HTP? I wou...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like you to continue Venlor XR (Venlafaxine) 75 mg at night, as there is response to this medication in terms of improved depressive symptoms. It was advised to increase the dose by taking 37.5 mg in morning and 75 mg at night. However, you continue taking Venl...  Read Full »

When will dizziness and brain zaps stop after discontinuing Venlafaxine?

Query: Dear doctor, I have stopped taking my medications, Effexor 75 mg for a few days. I am wondering when my dizziness and brain zaps would stop.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sudden discontinuation of Venlafaxine (Effexor) particularly seemed to cause discontinuation symptoms during the first three to seven days. Ideally, it should not be stopped abruptly. It should rather be decreased sequentially over two to three weeks. And, another ...  Read Full »

Can panic attack occur while taking antidepressants?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female with a 15 year history of panic disorder with medicine sensitivity. I have been on Effexor XR 75 mg for six months and have been stable. Last week my tooth was pulled out and I was put on Motrin 800. I had around two tablets for three days and it made me feel fuz...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The heightened anxiety, panic attacks, uneasiness, hot or cold flushes, sleep disturbance, low grade fever could all be the symptoms of Venlafaxine withdrawal. Did you miss a dose of Venlafaxine? Another explanation is that these medicines that you are taking for you...  Read Full »