Q. I get dizziness only while waking up from bed. Why?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

I am getting dizziness while getting up from the bed for the past three days. My vitamin B12 is low in the report taken last month. Whether my dizziness is due to that or it is vertigo? Please suggest me some medicine.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

The giddiness does not appear due to vitamin deficiency. The symptoms are suggestive of benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV). We need to confirm the diagnosis. For this you have to provide details as follows.

Is it spinning sensation or is it weakness? Does it get triggered by turning your head or getting up from the bed? How long does the spinning last, say few minutes or a few hours? Is there vomiting or nausea along with it? Is there any hearing loss or ringing sound inside the ear or fullness of the ear during this giddiness? Is there any ear discharge or decreased hearing?

Based on your replies we shall confirm the diagnosis and suggest the right exercise and medicine for you. The exercises cannot be explained via text. You would need to confirm for a video consultation so that we can show you the same. If the diagnosis is BPPV then I shall guide you on what to do next.

| 

I am getting this spinning sensation for one minute while getting up from the bed. No vomiting, no ear discharge and no hearing loss.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

It is confirmed that you have benign paroxysmal positional vertigo. You need to do canalith repositioning maneuvers daily thrice and take Cinnarizine 25 mg tablet daily thrice. It is better if you follow up with a video query so that we can demonstrate the exercise to you. Let us know what suits you.

| 

Can chest pain result from vitamin B12 deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have been diagnosed with a vitamin B12 deficiency and I am taking medicines from last month. I have a slight pain in the left side of my chest and also below my chest. My ECG is normal.  Read Full »

I have spinning of my head with nausea and vomiting. What could this be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female. Yesterday morning, I woke up to the alarm and when I got up, my head spun in a way which I have never experienced. I fell on the bed and when I tried to get up, it spun again. My husband made me drink water and helped me in getting up. I felt tired and when ...  Read Full »

I have loss of balance after my ears were pulled. Please suggest medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 34 now. My school teacher pulled both my ears in my childhood and afterwards, I suffered a loss of balance sometimes. I have pain in both my ears and also blurring in both my eyes and fatigue. I think I have mild vertigo. Please suggest the best medicines to cure this mild vertigo...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now