Q. After bitten by a stray dog, I get pulsating sensation. Is this a symptom of rabies?

I have been bitten by a stray dog on the left leg on March 10th. The next day I went to a nearby doctor and he advised me to take two doses of vaccine as I had taken three doses earlier before four years. There was no blood visible at the wound and I washed it in soapy water also for five to ten minutes but from March 23 I am feeling pulsating sensation at the bite site often, they come and go. It does not happen always. I have consulted with four nearby doctors and they all told me this not a sign of rabies. So is it for rabies or for extreme anxiousness? The dog is still alive and fine.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

Firstly, yes this is not a symptom of rabies and it would have progressed by now if it was rabies. Also, since you are vaccinated and the dog is still alive, you are unlikely to get rabies. So, it is unlikely to be rabies and trust local doctors. Also, keep watch over the symptoms. So, you should not worry at present.

| 

But there is severe pulsating sometimes when the muscle is relaxed and I have read twitching is an onset symptom of rabies. What should I do?

#

It is usually tingling, numbness or pain at the site, rather than pulsating feeling. Pulsating may be due to the healing of wounds as well. There is no way we can confirm it by any tests. So the best possible course now is to wait and watch. We would have seen some progression of symptoms over a week period if it was truly rabies.

| 

What is the possible reasons for the leg swelling due to mosquito bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old female. For four years, my right leg has swollen once in a year in the summer or when I go for agricultural works in mud fields. Initially it starts with fever, vomiting, body pain, chillness and then my leg will change to light red color and the swelling will start....  Read Full »

When I bite, both sides teeth do not come in contact at the same time. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, About 2.5 years ago I put extreme pressure on my back teeth by mistake, and they are now slightly pushed into my gums. Just a week ago, I noticed my upper right wisdom tooth and the tooth next to it were growing a bit crooked, so I decided to move them back myself gradually. I started get...  Read Full »

Is rabies a contagious disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I was bitten by a dog 13 days ago. I took anti-rabies vaccine after 25 hours of the bite. I have taken three vaccines until now. I had oral sex with my wife and by mistake, I bit her at neck two days ago. Should she also receive the anti-rabies vaccine? The dog is still alive.  Read Full »