Double Marker

Do my double marker test results show any complication?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 13 weeks pregnant. I got a double marker test:hCG free beta-62.50ng/mL.PAPP-A - 7.17mlU/mLTrisomy 21-1:250Trisomy 18/13 -1:100NT-1.00 mmNT MoM's -0.63MoMCRL -61.8mm Is there any complication?  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached dual screen report and it shows low risk for all the chromosomal abnormality which is absolutely normal. It should be kept in mind that this is a screening test which calculates the risk of carrying a baby with chromosomal abnormali...  Read Full »

When is double marker test indicated?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife is 28 years old and is in her 13th week of pregnancy. We had an NT test a couple of days back. The NT was 1.7mm. Trisomy 21 had an adjusted scale of 1:3428. Our doctor has advised us to go for a double marker test. The results will be out in two to three days. Is a risk of 1 in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The NT (nuchal translucency) test and double marker are dependent on each other. A risk of 1 in 3428 is not considered high. You have been asked to go for a blood test so as to conclude the results, as only NT test is not sufficient. For the double marker, NT measureme...  Read Full »

What does my double marker blood test indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 12 weeks 5 days pregnant. I got my NT scan and double marker blood test results. NT value 1.1 mm, free b-hCG 1.52 MOM, PAPP-A 0.37 MOM, trisomy 21+NT risk 1:1132, trisomy 21 1:169, trisomy 13/18+NT. In urine culture, there is no significant growth observed after 48 hours. I am curre...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the report completely (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report is normal and there is no need to worry. If you want a detailed explanation about the report, then here you go. There are some genetic syndromes, which are happening worl...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my nuchal translucency scan and double marker blood test reports.

Query: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly explain my nuchal translucency scan and double marker blood test reports in details. I am very worried due to in NT scan nasal bone could not be discretely seen. Gestational Age (as per USG) is 12 weeks and three days. All report attached here for your guidanc...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any problem in your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your blood reports and scan are within normal limits.Ultrasound scan is done at this 11 to 14 weeks to find out the most common genetic abnormality of the baby- Down syndrome. ...  Read Full »

Please explain about the factors help to calculate the risk of trisomy 21.

Query: Hi doctor, My NT scan showed me a range of 1.4 mm and my double marker showed me a risk of 1:20300. But my age risk showed a result of 1:176. Which one has to be considered and what it signifies regarding the risk for trisomy 21?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Many factors count for calculating risk. They are age, serum markers, family history, and nuchal translucency. An age-related risk is more after 35 years of age. As you are 38 years old, so ...  Read Full »

What is the use of quadruple marker test?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 18 weeks pregnant with twin gestations. She has conceived through IUI treatment. We want an urgent and detailed feedback regarding her quadruple marker report. How authentic are the report findings, considering there are no other marker tests done before, like double marker...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Fetal Medicine Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the quadruple marker report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, any serum screening like double or quadruple marker does not accurately assess the risk of chromosom...  Read Full »

Do my wife's NT scan and double marker test results show a high risk for Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had NT scan and double marker test at 12 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. The report is as follows, CRL is 59.2 mm, NT is 1.45 mm, free beta-hCG is 84.84 IU/L, equivalent to 2.217 MoM and PAPP-A 0.712 IU/L equivalent to 0.282 MoM. Trisomy 21 is 1: 450 1:47 and trisomy 18 is 1: 5315...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Verma

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question and understand the concerns.The report is showing a high risk for trisomy 21 or Down's syndrome. This first-trimester screening is 95 % sensitive, hence, if the risk is positive, then the amniocentesis should be done to confirm the fetal karyotyp...  Read Full »

What is the risk of Down's in my wife's double marker report?

Query: Hi Doctor, This is the report of Double Marker test of my wife: Corrected MoM and calculated risks: fb-hCG 165 ng/ml 3.82 Corr. MoM PAPP-A 1.84 mlU/ml o.45 Corr. MoM Ultrasound data: Nuchal translucency 1.00 mm CRL 60 mm 0.64 MoM Gestational age by CRL 12+ 2 Nasal bone present Gesta...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To explain you the report in plain language, first of all, let me tell you that the dual marker test is just a screening test for Down's syndrome and other chromosomal anomalies like trisomy 13/18. So, the test involves calculation of the risk of carrying a Down's sy...  Read Full »

Please look into my NT and double marker test reports and assess my risks.

Query: Hello doctor, I was recommended for NIPT, early TIFA scan and then amniocentesis if needed. Here are my NT and double marker reports. Kindly interpret the real risk level for me and what should be the next step ahead if there is any concern. My blood sample for the double marker was collected at eig...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the risk is relatively high for you. But, it does not mean that the baby has Down's syndrome. Amniocentesis is the next step for your for confirmation. If money is a concern, you can wait for another f...  Read Full »

My 20 weeks scan mentions an echogenic focus in the heart. Is something wrong?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old female. I have had two miscarriages in the past, at the sixth and fifth week respectively. I am now 20 weeks pregnant. Recently, I had a level 2 ultrasound which suggested everything to be normal except for an echogenic focus on the left ventricle of the heart. No...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I do not see any reason for concern. Let me explain.  Miscarriages at different gestational ages have various reasons. A loss at the fifth and sixth week is usually ...  Read Full »