Q. Is there any medication available to treat double vision?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Published on Mar 08, 2019

I am afraid I have developed double vision. What medicines should I take?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Double is caused due to paralysis of an extraocular muscle. These muscles are supplied by nerves. Hypertension and diabetes are the most common causes of nerve palsy and muscle paralysis due to which both eyes are misaligned and eye movements are affected. So you need to consult and you might need to consult a physician or neurologist.

Control your blood pressure and diabetes. Muscle actions usually become normal in 3 to 6 months. So consult your physician or neurologist and eye specialist.

What is the reason for having double vision and is it preventable?

Query: Hi doctor, I experienced double vision in a 100-mile trail run around 18 hours into the race. The double vision cleared after 20 minutes of closing my eyes in the medical tent. After a week, I saw an ophthalmologist who did a few tests and concluded that it was eye fatigue. I experienced double vis...  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

What is the reason for double vision following an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 16 years old. She met with an accident and got an injury on her face. It was operated by a maxillofacial surgeon. The upper portion of the right eye is red. She can open her eye, but she is having double vision. What to do?  Read Full »