Q. I want to know whether I can take water along with a meal. Is it true that water should not be taken one hour after a meal?

Dr. Suneetha B S
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Hello Doctor,

Can we drink water along with the food? I have heard that water should only be taken one hour after the meal. Is that true?

#

Dear User, Welcome to icliniq.com

• You can drink water when your body is in need of it. 
  • It is better not to drink too much water around your meal time (before, during or immediately after meals) because it may cause dilution of your digestive juices, and may sometimes lead to indigestion.
  • At other times, feel free to drink as much water as you want. 

See this info graphics on 'how much water to drink every day' for a better idea at--> https://www.icliniq.com/infographics/how-much-water-should-we-drink-everyday I hope that answers your question.

|