Q. My friend takes a drug to boost his energy while body building. Is it safe?

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod
Published on Oct 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My friend, who is a fitness freak is training to compete at a state level body building competition this year. He is training alongside some local bodybuilder. My concern is, I have seen recently that his physique is really good, but he has some dark spots on his veins on both the arms. His mother was concerned too as she found some injections in his bag. Upon forcing him, I got to know that he takes Termin for boosting his energy during workouts. I got some vague and random information on the web. Could you please let me know what exactly it does to one's body and how to remove this completely from his body?

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

#

• Termin (Mephentermine) injection is composed of the following active ingredients (salts): propyl paraben - 0.02 % W/V, methyl paraben - 0.18 % W/V, and mephentermine - 15 mg.
  • It is a muscle relaxing agent which increases the stamina but has lots of side effects. I suggest he stops it soon or it can create a lot of problems in the future such as deep vein thrombosis, stroke, bleeds, etc.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks for this information. What immediate medical attention has to be given to him to get rid of the chemicals from his body?

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

#

• You can stop it soon. No withdrawal symptoms will develop with it. He might just have mood swings for a few days.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thanks a lot for your response.

Dr. Rahul Narayanrao Rathod

#

You are most welcome.

Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Break the Shackles and Seek Help!!

Article Overview: This article throws light on Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder, a common but least discussed sexual health topic among females. Read Article

Dr. Bharat Udey
Sexologist

Sexuality is a taboo in most of the societies in this world. Men on one hand consider their sexuality as a jewel of their manhood crown. On the other hand women are forbidden to discuss about their sexuality. It is considered to be their duty and responsibity to fulfil the sexual needs of their male...  Read Article

My dad complains of a pain in his left leg seven years after a stroke. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, My father suffered a stroke seven years ago, that got the right side of his body numb and non-functioning. But, after all these years, he constantly refers to a pain in his left leg. Can you tell me what would give him relief from this pain? I am attaching his latest reports here.  Read Full »

What precautions need to be taken to prevent HIV and AIDS?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the precautions that need to be taken to avoid HIV and AIDS?  Read Full »