Q. I have dry eyes associated with light flashes and burning sensation. Kindly help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I work on the computer for over 10 hours daily. I have dry eyes and minus power of 1.75 in both eyes. However, of late I see light flashes in left eye followed by heat like sensation coming out from the eye. Please advise.

#

Heat sensations are due to continuous computer work.

1. Always use a well light room. The light position should be behind your head not in front.

2. Screen height should be below eye level.

3. Every 20 minutes take your eyes off the screen and try to relax for 20 seconds try to see an object as far as possible for 20 seconds.

4. Every 45 minutes take a five minutes break. Use HD screen for your computer and mobile screen.

5. Use Refresh Tears eye drop six times a day.

For light flashes, you need to get your fundus checked by a vitreoretinal specialist ophthalmologist to rule out any retinal lesion.

|