Q. Why do I have severe pain in left corner of my eye?

Dr. Anand
Published on Apr 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have severe pain in the left corner of left eye since three months. I am a 33 year old female. I am using Ocurest, Cyclo tear and Systane. Please help.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• First, it needs to be evaluated as to why there is pain for so long.
  • If there is swelling, then it can be stye or chalazion which may be causing pain.
  • The drops you are using will not help you in relieving pain in any way. 
  • You can send pictures of your eyes and old records for more clear diagnosis and treatment.

Revert back with the pictures to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I used to wear lens since my 12 years of age and stopped now for the past three months. I have -9 power. I have consulted six doctors including a neurologist. They are telling it as migraine or maybe some minor problem due to lens, but I have severe pain and no swelling.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It is very difficult to interpret what you have exactly just by your description.

• Contact lens use may cause pain, but it will be associated with irritation, watering, redness and at times blurring of vision.
  • As you have stopped wearing contact lenses three months back, I do not think this pain is related to contact lens usage.
  • Glass power can cause headache or migraine. But, you are mentioning pain is only in the corner of your eyes.
  • Please give more details regarding any injury or foreign body sensation present.
  • Whether pain is pricking type or dull aching type? Whether there is any associated redness, pus discharge or watering?
  • It will be of great help if you can send high quality pictures of the eyes and old records for clear diagnosis.

Follow up with clear pictures to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

It is a pricking type pain and no redness or any discharge. I feel the pain while driving, taking massage and also while eating food. Please help.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the pictures (attachments removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes. Everything looks fine in the pictures.

• This most likely suggests dryness of eyes which exaggerate when your eyes are tired like driving, watching television or computer, mobiles, reading, contact lens use, etc.
  • If you feel irritation, you can use the same artificial tear substitutes daily whenever you have symptoms. 
  • Try sunglasses while driving. Avoid rubbing your eyes in case of irritation.
  • One more thing you can try is, to wash your lids and eye lashes daily with diluted baby shampoo with water during bath. This will clear dust. Hope you will be fine soon.

For further clarifications consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full »

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »