Q. Why do I suffer from dry eyes?

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Published on Sep 24, 2018

I am 27 years old. I have a problem with vehicle sounds. When I hear a loud noise, I feel very stressed. I sit on computers for long hours. I also have dry eyes problem. I went to an ophthalmologist. He gave me eye drops. Please advice.

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

You might be suffering from computer vision syndrome. In this case, there is a deficiency in tear film due to less frequent blinking and stress of working on a screen. Another possibility is dryness or insufficient tear film production. It is diagnosed with a Schirmer's test. Kindly get back to us with the results of the test and the details of your current medication.

| 

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full »

I have dry eyes and feel heaviness and pain. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 42 years old female going through dry eyes for the past 45 days. I have been to three different doctors but no relief. I feel heaviness in the eyes along with pain and redness. I have been given a gel and a tube (Systane eye drop and Ara gel). Please help.  Read Full »