Dryness Of Vagina

Dryness of vagina results from low levels of the hormone estrogen, which can be seen after menopause, childbirth, breastfeeding, chemotherapy, and while taking anti-estrogen drugs. Vaginal dryness affects a woman's sex life.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why is my vagina dry and sore after using sanitary pads?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 21-year-old girl. Two weeks ago, after I finished my periods, I noticed my vagina was irritated. This happened before when using sanitary napkins and took about two weeks to go away. My vagina is sore and dry, but I noticed that it hurt when I had intercourse with my boyfriend. The ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivpal Saini

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just after the menstrual period, your vaginal mucosa is more friable, and it is not as much lubricant. So in that situation, you or your partner can use Lignocaine 2 % jelly as a lubricating agent. It will provide a better experience, and you will not get pain during ...  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal pain during periods?

Query: Hi doctor, What could be the reason for vaginal pain during periods? It happens for a few minutes when the periods start and sometimes on and off on the second and third day. It is happening for many years. My periods are regular. My sonography is normal. I experience a lot of vaginal dryness and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathawane Aparna Mulchand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your sonography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is normal although it has a different name over it and not a recent one. Pain during menses is common, and it is called as dysmenorrhea. It is due to uterine contraction to expel blood ou...  Read Full »

I am an 18-year-old female, and I am usually very dry, even if I am aroused. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female, and I engage in sexual activities. Ever since I have masturbated or had sex, I am usually very dry, even if I am aroused. Also, even after I have vaginal discharge, I am not that wet. I had a yeast infection last year and recently had bacterial vaginosis, it wa...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It seems to be due to some infection or deficiency of vitamins and minerals. Clean the vagina with vaginal wash regularly. Use some lubrication like vaseline during intercourse always. I suggest you take a capsule of Itraconazole 200 mg once ...  Read Full »

Why did I have severe pain when I tried to have sex after a gap of six months?

Query: Hi doctor, Myself and my husband did not have sex for more than six months. Before few days, we tried to have sex. My vagina got hurt. He did not ejaculate inside. On the next day, I started to have a brown discharge and small tiny blood clots ranging from red to brown came out from my vagina with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mishra Keeranmayee Mihirkumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from a dry vagina. It occurs due to some reasons. Please mention whether you had pain in your vagina in your previous cycles. Please mention in detail about your periods. Please mention the amount of bleeding present in your periods. Please mention wheth...  Read Full »

How to get rid of vaginal odor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old and I have been diagnosed with PCOS. I have a drooping bladder and I cannot take this smell. My vagina stays dry and sex is painful and hurting. I have the sex drive of an 80-year-old instead of a person in their 20’s. Also, my husband’s semen interferes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gowrimeena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you are struggling with a lot of medical conditions. But the good news is that all of these are easily treatable. Do not worry. PCOS is treated depending on the symptoms. If you are overweight you need to stick to a diet plan, exercise and manage stress t...  Read Full »

Can you suggest few measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. I got married before two years. I still have pain while having sex. My husband says vaginal opening is too small hence it is painful for him too. We are badly in need of a baby now. Please suggest some measures to increase the size of my vaginal opening. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually small vaginal opening happens due to dryness of vagina or if you are not fully excited. So, vagina is not dilated and there will be less mucus secretion, which will ultimately cause painful sex (dyspareunia). Follow the following few things regularly, which wi...  Read Full »

How can I manage dry vagina and anxiety related to intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I have endometriosis and was under medication Endoreg 2 mg twice a day for 5 to 6 months. Since marriage, I have pain during intercourse, and anxiety related to that. I do breathing, and positive affirmation exercises to do it. Now, I want to plan a child, and the ovulation count is al...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Apply Lox 2 % jelly (Lidocaine) over penis of the male partner. It will provide lubrication for both of you, also will decrease the pain. It will not affect fertility. Use tablet Etirest (Etizolam) 0.5 mg at night (half an hour before intercourse). It will decrease anxi...  Read Full »

Can taking multiple antibiotics cause redness and dryness of vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, Ever since being on multiple antibiotics for a persistent UTI a year ago, I have had vaginal problems. It was first a bout of yeast infections and then BV. I have tried many pills, external and internal creams, home remedies, and diet changes, but still, I have redness and dryness exte...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Sorry to hear what you have been through. I feel you are having an imbalance in the normal and abnormal organism growth. For a normal vagina, you need both normal and abnormal organisms. When you take too many antibiotics one after other, it kills m...  Read Full »

I have missed my periods and having dryness in vagina. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and had my last period two months back. I do not have regular cycles and have been detected with PCOS. However, I have been having my periods on time for the last two months. This month I missed my period. Last month, I did not have penetrative sex. However, my boyfriend...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepali Raina

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com, I understand your concern. Poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal issue. It keeps coming back. Even though the possibility of pregnancy seems low, you must still confirm by a urine pregnancy test. It is a simple and easy test. Pregnancy kits are easily avail...  Read Full »

Are lubricating gels safe for vaginal dryness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-years-old female who faces issues with vaginal dryness. During my intercourse, I experience friction, and the intercourse is not healthy. My husband suggested I use Durex lubricant gel, and I am unsure that can it be used? My husband and I want to know whether Durex lubrican...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S. R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It can be due to infection, improper foreplay, dehydration, age, and hormonal imbalance. You can try the natural way by increasing foreplay. It can cause lubrication, or you can use lubricants KY Gel (Propylene glycol, sorbitol, and Nasotr...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.