Dysentery Symptoms

Why is there stomach pain with frequent stools?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother, 53 years old, has been suffering from severe stomach pain for the past few days. It started with running fever and dysentery 10 days back and both have subsided. Since then she has following complaints of stomach pain, have to pass stools after every food intake, stool 4 to...  Read Full »

Dr. Rufiat Kazi

Community Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Has she taken any medications when she was having a fever and dysentery?  Read Full »

Why did I have pain and blood while passing stool?

Query: Hello doctor,When I go to the bathroom for poop, the blood came out with my stool and it became painful for me to pass the stool. After stool, I could not sit down properly. It hurts for a long time. My second problem is that I have an epidemic cyst in my testes. Sometimes I feel pain in that.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. You have two main concern: For blood in stool, two common causes could be ruled out: dysentery or colitis or piles. For that proctoscopy examination is done. Additionally, you require to investigate with the stool ro...  Read Full »

Shall I continue Satrogyl-O and Lactogut for dysentery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from dysentery for the last two days. They are watery to semi-liquid stools. I do not have any stomach pain or nausea. My appetite is normal. I have been burping a lot like when burping during acidity. I have been on fasting for the last 19 days with mostly one meal ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The main symptom of dysentery is frequent near liquid diarrhea flecked with blood, mucus or pus. Other symptoms include fever, abdominal pain, bloating, burping, incomplete evacuation, vomiting, nausea, etc. Do you have any of these? If yes, then yours is dysentery an...  Read Full »